PDA

View Full Version : Recall???

skellybuell
07-22-2008, 03:16 AM
So i hear there is a recall on the headlights for the firebolts, is this a big deal it says its not a safety issue... Should I take it to the dealer??? (I dont really trust them too much my bike will probably go backwards when i get it back:()

BuellPartsGuy
07-22-2008, 04:23 AM
Headlamp bracket. Why not take it, its free...

scobbie001
07-22-2008, 09:15 PM
What years?

firechickenXB9R
07-22-2008, 09:28 PM
03-06 models onlyand they are replacing the low and hi beam housing

scobbie001
07-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Do you think they would replace them with two high beams? That would be nice. Or maybe just replace the low beam with a high beam and let me deal with it when the original high beam screws up.

firechickenXB9R
07-22-2008, 10:00 PM
not sure the letter i got just said what i wrote

brian4309
08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
I just had this recall done to my '03 and the headlights were my biggest complaint lately about the bike.

The reason for the recall is, as Buell states in my letter, the reflective coating on the '03-'06 Buells wears out and gets quite dim after time.

If you are comfortable with your current headlight situation I wouldn't worry about it.

In my case, I rode around all night with my high beam on and no one could tell. They just thought that I had one dim headlamp.

joshs74nova
08-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Not all 06's are eligible for the recall, call in your vin # to the dealership, and they will let you know.[smirk]

firechickenXB9R
08-28-2008, 08:21 PM
So Brian you saying that the recall did not or did it make a big difference?

bitter rod
08-29-2008, 07:13 AM
It did for me...however the dealership originally screwed up. they put the high beam on the low beam side. They said there was no difference in the housing....duh!

bmac_206
08-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Bitter, They done the same screw up on my bike as well!! "NO DIFFERENCE"?!?!?! I fixed mine myself. There is "LOW" and "HIGH" molded right in the top of the D@mn lights! Maybe they just cant read!!:D

tmsimms
08-29-2008, 05:03 PM
im bored so im going to type the letter on here

our records indicate you are the owner of a 2003-2006 buell XB9R or XB12R firebolt model motorcycle. Buell motorcycle company has determined that headlight assemblies on some 2003-2006 buell firebolt models have a reflective material which can potentially degrade over time and reduce light output.

in the intrest of customer satisfaction, buell distribution company, LLC is offering a no cost replacemet of the low - beam and high beam headlight assemblies on the affected motorcycles.

while this is not a safety issue, we do urge you to contact your authorized buell motorcycle dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment to have this no-cost service performed. the service will require less than one hou to perform. due to scheduling however, the dealer may request to have your motorcycle for a longer period of time. kit availbility at your dealership will begin the week of 7/14/08

this no cost offer will expire two years from the date on the program announcement which would be july 10, 2o1o

to verify that the service has been completed, your dealer will ask you to sign an acknowledgement when you pick up your motorcycle.

if you have replaced the headlight assemblies for loss of reflective material prior to receiving this notification, you may be eligible to receie reimburstment for that expense. for more informatuon in the united states contact buell distribution company, LLC at 1-414-343-8400. in other markets please contact your regional buell customer service center.

thank you for your cooperation. we regret any inconvenience this may cause, but we have taken theis action in the intrest of your continued satisfaction with our product