PDA

View Full Version : Erik Buell and 1190RS at Cafe Desmo 2011, Glendale CA, Oct 9th 2011

winnetka
09-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Looks like Erik Buell and the new 1190RS will be at Pro Italia in Glendale CA on October 9th, 2011.
http://www.proitalia.com/cafedesmo/

I'm going. Who else is going?

Here's a copy/paste from the website:

Join us for Cafe Desmo, our annual Italian motorcycle bike show, which will be held this October 9 right outside Pro Italia. This year’s Cafe Desmo will feature a bike show with cash prizes, custom trophies, displays from cool moto-vendors, tasty gourmet food trucks, free chances to win great prizes and more! Last year well over 1,000 people showed up. This year we expect even more! Every year Cafe Desmo brings together loads of awesome bikes – all the Italian brands and models that you can imagine along with custom rides, high-zoot performance rides, frankenbike projects, 2-strokes, trailies, loads of truly vintage models, ’80′s new collectibles, rarities, always a few fancy-ass sports cars, barely runners and show winners. Enter in the show and comes spend the day with us!

This year we are expanding from our all-Italian format and are welcoming non-Italian makes to participate by hosting a American Superbike/Buell class, Italian and Japanese Vintage classes (for pre-’87 bikes made before PI opened).Entry for the show is $20 this year. The entry fees will be used exclusively for cash awards for Best in Show and First, Second and Third place in each class. We’ll have judges from the bike world (currently we’re talking to Yoshi from the Garage Company, Miguel Galluzzi, Steve Nash, Eric Buell, Brian Catterson, Tony Marcus and a few others) and we’ll have some very cool trophies for the winners.

We’re rounding up some cool moto vendors to have bikes or gear on display at Cafe Desmo. Currently we’ve confirmed the Mission R electric superbike and the Erik Buell Racing 1190RS will be on display.

noone1569
09-09-2011, 05:35 AM
ERIK

Not ERIC.

LOL how hard is that for publications to check?

mirkvid
09-09-2011, 08:41 AM
damn. only 260 miles from me?.....will go.[up] Funny, I bought my RSV4 from Pro Italia, but **** that, I'm taking my XB!:D

Applepooh
09-09-2011, 09:16 AM
man... only 5 hours south of me... I so want to take my xb12 down south...

levi
09-09-2011, 11:59 AM
thanks for the heads up. A Ducati riding friend of mine is going to attend. He lives right around the corner from there.

mirvid,

You have an RSV4? I want that engine in a Dorsoduro.

I need that ****.

mirkvid
09-09-2011, 01:18 PM
yessir. I think there are pics in the thread about our non-buell rides http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Users-Bikes/Your-Non-Buell-Bikes/2/ . :D Really tho, 9 times out of 10 I take the Buell. the RSV4 is non practical in the city. Super fun when you can open it up though.