PDA

View Full Version : XB9S lightning tires

giddyup
07-25-2008, 12:20 AM
I bought a used XB9S and it had almost new Metzler M1 tires on it. After 1400 miles the steel belt is showing. I do not abuse tires by wheelie or burnouts, I am just your average rider. The bike came with a pipe kit on it which is loud as hell. The kit according to the guy that I bought it off of is HD takes your stock pipe, cuts the end off, guts it and welds on shorter pipes. The pipes appear to me to be blowing hot exhaust on the tires non stop. Have you heard of this or is this typical for Buells with the lower exhaust. Is there a diverter kit or something available that I can add if it is the case??

BuellPartsGuy
07-25-2008, 02:13 AM
Almost only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades. There is no way those tires were even close to new. Even soft tires under normal wear and tear last at least 4000.

The pipe you have is probably a Drummer. Its not modified by Harley at all. Drummer does it all with a stock pipe and mods it.

dmp0001
07-25-2008, 04:53 AM
my last set of dunlop 207s only lasted 2600 miles. I just switched to some scorpions today and hope for a bit longer out of these

kakkarott3
07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
That pipe might be a Lattus pipe, which will not effect the tires at all. GIDDYUP can you post pics of the muffler???

dans03firebolt
07-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes those tires were far from new. I put a set of Michelin Pilot powers on my bike in June and I went and put 1500+ miles on it at bike week in Laconia, NH and they still look brand new. I am pushing 2000 miles on them already and they are still in awesome shape.