PDA

View Full Version : 2000 cyclone broke

wdeberard
07-26-2008, 06:06 AM
Hi Guys,

My Cyclone just broke. But I can't figure out whats wrong. Please think about these symptoms and let me know what you think is busted.

when the bike warms up it frys the ignition fuse and dies. Also when the bike is just sitting idleing the odometer flickers on and off. I don't know is the two things are related. I did pull all of the wiring harnesses and they looked good so I think it's an electrical component that crapped out.

Any ideas where I should start looking to find the failureand how I can test the part to see if it's bad.

Thanks,
Bill

LeFox
07-26-2008, 09:27 AM
got anymore details on that m2?

mileage, state, aftermarket parts, carb or injected, etc?

- the ignition fuse fries only when warm?
- did you check the wires/harness completely or just the parts around the odo & ignition fuse?
- have you check the connection at your odo?

BuellS1Culver
08-06-2008, 12:03 AM
It almost sound like you might have a short in you system thats frying you bike. Make sure that none of the wires are exposed or coming in contact with the frame.

wdeberard
08-06-2008, 03:50 AM
I pulled the wiring harness and went through it, I could find no shorts in it. When the bike is cool it will fire up and run well. I can get the part to fail by starting the bike and letting it get nice and hot. Then when I hit the gas and try to get the bike moving it fries the fuse.
The bike is carbureted, VH exhaust, big bore kit, cammed, had a shift light and I thought that might be the problem so it is no longer installed, (that didn't fix the problem)

LeFox
08-06-2008, 08:17 PM
check your iginition module...

wdeberard
08-10-2008, 03:50 AM
All better now, Speedometer sensor cable was rubbing on battery tray and shorting out.

On the advice of the local Harley dealer I pulled the wiring harness out again.

Thanks for the advice guys.