PDA

View Full Version : 02 sensor, should i ?

captain13ron
07-27-2008, 02:08 PM
i plan on putting an aftermarket pipe, breather kit. i have ecm spy. i plan on making my own connector. i want to tune my own bike just for the sake of saying i did. i want to know how important an 02 sensor is for me, sure i want my bike to run well but but not going to race the thing. [cool]

LeFox
07-27-2008, 02:16 PM
might as well leave the ecm stock if you're not using an wideband o2 sensor. :o

captain13ron
07-27-2008, 08:31 PM
i forgot to say WIDE BAND 02 sensor! sorry for the confusion on my part. so are you saying that if i add the breather and muffler i don't have to do anything? i've been hearing that my bike will run lean after these add on's.[confused]

LeFox
07-28-2008, 07:38 AM
no, the bike will indeed run lean.

but if you're going to tune without wideband o2 sensor, you might aswell just leave it alone.

either tune it good, or don't...don't go halfway, cause that will give you trouble.

captain13ron
07-28-2008, 09:21 AM
thank you![up] it's making more sense now!

FIDOSOL
07-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I guess it depends on what you want really, just like a kid, if you want it to run retarded, just choke it for a little while and you'll get what you want.. Otherwise, feed it, love it and it will make you proud (the bike not the kid!)..:p:D[up]

dodge
11-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Created my fueling maps using front and rear WB sensors and run in open loop. Very happy XB12S.

Bill2
11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
New to fuel injection and also don't know alot about computers and need help with ecmspy. I bought a cable already and will also buy two wideband sensors or whatever it takes to tune my new '07 xb12s right. I've rejetted the older carburetor model buell and sportster models so i know how well these engines will run after you tune out the off idle stumble,add a little more fuel for power and cool them down a bit ect. I'am in the Beaumont/Houston TX. area if anyone with a good working knowledge of ecmspy llives nearby i'd be willing to pay whatever your time is worth. Or maybe trade your time tuning for my time reworking/welding the stock muffler for freer flowing/better mid range performance. I worked as a pipewelder/pipefitter for 20 years so the fit and finish will be right.

gofastscottb
01-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Here is a write up I did on another forum. It explains some of the things you can do with a wideband.

LC-1 AFR Gauge Install (http://www.buelletinboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8188)

Regards,
Scott