PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer

kagelos
03-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Anyone knows how to convert a mileage counting odometer to a kilometer counting odometer. I want to buy an instrument cluster and I want it to be in metric but I found one from England and I was wondering if I can do something to change the counter.
Thanks

GMAN
03-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I`ve seen severall custom counters on web,im at work,but ill search you some url`s...i gonna change mine as the standart counter is awfull...

kagelos
03-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks but I am not referring to the readings in the speedometer dash. I’ve seen quite a few custom ones. I am asking about the 6 digit total mile counter located in the bottom left corner, that is used and as a clock, trip A, trip B etc counter. In the US and some other country versions it counts miles, where in metric versions it counts kilometers. 1 mile = 1.6093 kilometers so when a US version Speedo reads 10.000 miles it would be like 16093 kilometers reading in my metric version speedometer for the exact same distance. And since I bought my bike with a metric version I want to have the readings like when it came in stock.

GMAN
03-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Ahh sorry i miss understood,is this not simple software stuff,done buy a dealer?

paul_bfree
01-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Hey kagelos, did you ever sort this one out? I want to do the same when I export my new bike home (mph to kph).