PDA

View Full Version : ecm spy loading maps?

BuellyBagger
10-05-2011, 08:26 PM
ok i know im dumb, but ne way heres the ??? I've got these files that came with my ecmspy cable that say they r race maps for different years models etc. they're txt files. they dont look similar to a map they look like eeprom. so how do i use them??? or can i???

wolfo68
10-05-2011, 08:28 PM
load the eeprom you want and save the maps from it

fetch your eeprom

load the map you saved

burn it

wolfo68
10-05-2011, 08:29 PM
may want to save a copy of your eeprom first

BuellyBagger
10-05-2011, 08:47 PM
so do i copy and paste the text file to eeprom in ecmspy?

wolfo68
10-05-2011, 09:03 PM
no, should be able to load it with ecmspy

GOduc
10-05-2011, 09:21 PM
youre diving into something most would recommend you ONLY do with VERY VERY DETAILED AND THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE.

the ecm is the brains of your bike and therefore youre doing BRAIN SURGERY.

first off, you always always alwasy save your stock eeprom in a safe place (multiple places even) incase anythign at all goes wrong you can reload stock eeprom and start back from the beginning.

youll get somewhat differing opinions on premade maps but im going to throw mine out here just incase.

they're somewhat BS, the best and most efficient way to get YOUR BIKE SPECIFICALLY, to RUN TO ITS MAXIMUM POTENTIAL is to tune based on these criteria:
1. THE bike you ride on a regular basis (k&n, muffler, etc.)

2. WHERE you ride on a regular basis (altitude, weather, humidity, etc.)

3. HOW you ride (track, city streets, if for some reason you only put your bike on a dyno, you installed wings and you fly your bike, etc.)

A PREMADE MAP DOES NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS INTO ACCOUNT, and this is also why some bikes run GREAT on ebr ecms and some will not even start NOR run PERIOD, and some will run like complete DOG****.

all of this is done through datalogging your bike (done with ecmspy) and then making corrections and designing your own fuel map and eeprom----or if youre scared to learn or scared to even bother at all you have someone like theoctopus do all this for you. the tuniversity link is on the right side. ive talked to him before and talked to people who he has instructed and he is VERY good at what he does. i would highly highly consider paying him to walk you through this process, YOU WILL GET WAAAAAAAAAY MORE OUT OF YOUR BIKE, which will be better in the long run. diving into this sort of thing (it sounds like) they way you are, is going to be a very tedious and very dissapointing process because theres a million and half things to take into account to make your bike run really well

so with all that being said, pay theoctopus to SHOW you how to do it, or pay theoctopus to DO IT FOR YOU, he has different packages, just browse around and decide which one works best for you.

BuellyBagger
10-06-2011, 11:13 AM
that being said..
A PREMADE MAP DOES NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS INTO ACCOUNT, and this is also why some bikes run GREAT on ebr ecms and some will not even start NOR run PERIOD, and some will run like complete DOG****.

The stock map is a premade arbitrary map and the bikes run fine.

Also i would love to be able 2 pay someone to help me tune my bike, but i cant even afford the ecm i need (mine is supposedly bad) so i want to know how to flash either my old stock map/eeprom or a race version if i do air bix mod as well. Because i am look at buying a used race ecm that i have no idea what map is on it... so Ne body want to help me with that simple task? I'm not an idiot im just new to this deal.

BuellyBagger
10-06-2011, 11:17 AM
never mind i retract my ? i'd to bother ne one with my stupidity

djoslyn
01-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Hay man, noone is calling u stupid. Im trying to learn something about this mapping business also. I bought the cable of ebay, I have yet to find the service port

BuellyBagger
01-01-2012, 05:17 PM
what model biked joslyn?

djohnk
03-13-2012, 09:35 PM
I live in south Texas, but if I was close by I would show you the ropes on ECM spy and such. If you read around this web site there is some good information, that's how I learned.

The first thing I tried was resetting the TPS and just hooking up ECM spy to poke around and look at the different settings. Like said above it you decide to burn one of those new maps make sure you figure out how to save your old one first.

PaulTurner911
11-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Question....Once Ive loaded the premade "racemap" eeprom and chose the maps tab, do I need to save front rear fuel and front rear tt all seperate? Then fetch my eeprom and load them in seperate or will loading the map input data in all 4?

DualSportDad
11-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Save your eeprom. I suggest in several places. Load your saved eeprom, then load the maps of your choice. Then save as what ever you want to name it. Then burn those maps to your ecm. Reset afv. Reset tps if you feel the need to.

Matteson
11-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Listen, its not "brain surgery". The best way I can describe it is like swapping jets out. Save your text files. then when you go to load eeprom hunt them down and click ok. Now you can get in there and start understanding how it is configured but whatever. Search the web on how to take some of the epa stuff out of the ecm. You shouldn't have to pay for something like learning about how fuel and timing maps work, but it is what it is. Ecmspy is very user friendly and allows us to swap maps. Don't pay somebody to hold your hand and hopefully get your bike tuned to stoich. This pisses me off everytime I read a post and people are like you gotta pay bro or some **** about how complex it is, or I can only tell you so much without stepping on peoples toes. Blah blah, most forums don't allow people to sell there product in the messages but its cool here. Which is fine I guess but I am a member on forums so we can share knowledge not sell it. If I want to buy a product I will go to a dealer. Pm me if you need help dude.

dec03001
11-09-2013, 01:35 AM
I would love to pay octopus to help me out, but that is not in the budget, nor is the $300 for the EBR RAce ECM. Where can I find premade maps for my setup?

PaulTurner911
11-09-2013, 03:32 AM
My maps came with the cable and disc from ebay. But I know buellmods.com has a bunch too. I was able to do what I needed. As you said, its not rocket science, but a bit of trial and error and direction helps....Trauma and repetition. I most likely wont pay for anything other than dyno time. I was simply unsure of the fact that saving/loading maps was for all four (front fuel, rear fuel, front timing, rear timing) or if they needed to be saved from a race eeprom individually and loaded to factory eeprom individually. Found a video and watched it to confirm that they do not. Now I have my eeprom saved in multiple locations, a "race map" burned to my eeprom, and removed the actuator. I took it around the block just to see if it was rideable, Ill put some real miles on it in the AM.

Thanks

dec03001
11-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Seams like buellmods.com only has xb maps. I'm looking for 1125cr maps. Anyone have any pointers for me?

wolfo68
11-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Talking to other 1125 owners would be your best bet

Matteson
11-11-2013, 01:07 AM
I have an 1125r and tunerpro and was wondering if others had ebr maps they would come off of too. but i doubt it though since individuals pay 300 bucks for their ecm from ebr. I wouldn't share if I had a jardine tune on an ecm I paid for from ebr. it runs fine though and plenty fast. way more bike than my old xb!

PaulTurner911
11-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Mattenson- What EPA stuff can I take out of the ECM?

dec03001
11-12-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm in the same boat MAtteson.

1125CR and can't find a race map to load up as a starting point.

Sikk
11-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Hello,

My first post over here.
I have a uly 2008.
Somebody had success with the maps on https://sites.google.com/site/ecmspy/xb12/2008?

I'm trying to figure out why my idle rev is ca 1500rpm and not 1050rpm.
Sometimes i got also an hickup when pulling gas from idle.

Done:
-replaced stock exhaust with sebring open exhaust
-k&n filter
-breather reroute

WileyXB12X
04-27-2015, 11:13 PM
I dug this thread up trying to find out how to load maps and where to find maps to load and try out. I tried the maps from the ecmspy link above. The one Uly map won't load (it's BUEGB and my ECM is BUEIB) but the two 2006 BUEIB maps give me the following error:
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/13644_20150427180455_L.jpg

LJIvasiv82
07-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Your idle is set incorrectly than. There is an idle screw located between the left scoop and engine (believe 09 models no longer have screw). See this thread - http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthread.php?47042-idle-adjustment-screw
You also can do a TPS reset and adjust this via ECM. I'm no expert, just ideas where you can turn to. Google "Buell Ulysses adjusting Idle" to read up more. There is also a 1400rpm cold idle and a 1100rpm warm idle, maybe that's what you're seeing at first?

My 2008 XB12X also hickups at low rpm (1100-2000) when initially pulling on gas, especially if the bike is not fully warmed up. From my research the bike was adjusted to run lean in low RPMs to stick within government regulations. Flashing a race ECM or adjusting the fuel tables will fix this.

Hello,

My first post over here.
I have a uly 2008.
Somebody had success with the maps on https://sites.google.com/site/ecmspy/xb12/2008?

I'm trying to figure out why my idle rev is ca 1500rpm and not 1050rpm.
Sometimes i got also an hickup when pulling gas from idle.

Done:
-replaced stock exhaust with sebring open exhaust
-k&n filter
-breather reroute

Chicknstripn
07-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Check the date on the post you're replying to.
It's over 3yrs old.

Happens to the best of us

LJIvasiv82
07-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Check the date on the post you're replying to.
It's over 3yrs old.

Happens to the best of us

Yea I noticed right after posting. Figured I'd leave that info there incase someone's researching the same problem... 8)