PDA

View Full Version : Drive belt questions

twotimevet405
07-30-2008, 10:07 PM
I got a 2003 XB9s. I snapped the drive belt a few weeks ago with just under 7000 miles. I have heard of upgrading the belt and pulleys with a 2005 or newer belt and pulleys. Anyone got any advice as to where a guy could find these parts. I know the rear pulley is a 65 tooth, which I picked up on Ebay, but still looking for the 27 tooth front, and the belt. Does anyone know if you have to change the guards or anything else? [confused]

FIDOSOL
07-30-2008, 10:24 PM
hmm...the plastic guards? What plastic guards? I took mine off and not a single problem out of it. How many teeth does your front one have anyways? As for the belt, once you have the pulleys just order the belt from a dealership...BPG can give you the parts number when he gets back from vacation. Search the forum, it may already be listed somewhere because guys with the xb12 like to swap their pulleys for ours to get a little extra low end pull.

LeFox
07-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Search the forum, it may already be listed somewhere because guys with the xb12 like to swap their pulleys for ours to get a little extra low end pull.
that's the primairy :o

if not ebay or a damaged bike, than an aftermarket shop or a dealer.