PDA

View Full Version : bad speed sensor?

nserio
07-31-2008, 07:31 PM
Help, I recently sold my wife's Buell Blast to a nice young girl who called to say the speedometer has stopped working. I did the speedo diagnostic and get a 02set code which will clear if the reset is held in but comes back immediately when you let go of the reset. I removed the speed sensor and cleaned it but it still doesn't work and I realized that while the odometer does display accurate numbers and toggles between odometer and trip readings, the mileage does not advance when the bike is ridden. Any imput you may give will be appreciated. As an aside, I have a 92 RS1200. Parts are hard if not impossible to find. Last year my rear caliper died and after much research found a comparable replacement. Anyone who needs help with pre-Harley Buells can write me at any time. I have extensive experience and knowledge of these bikes. Thank you, nserio

dans03firebolt
07-31-2008, 07:39 PM
The only thing you can do about the speed sensor is buy a new one. I got one this year for my 03 Firebolt as it was bad too and my speedo and tach didn't work when I first bought the bike. It is a cheap part like $55.

ezblast
08-01-2008, 01:24 AM
concur!

art669
06-28-2009, 06:40 PM
well i just got a buell blast 2002 with the same problem i love the bike but no one i no can help me with it i no where the part is at i think i do i could be worng i dont have the book for it yet but i hav one on the way if you could just point me in the right way that wood be helpfull[confused]