PDA

View Full Version : buell blast clutch wont release

trevbuell
10-18-2011, 06:06 PM
I bought a blast that had been sitting for two years and upon starting it i let out the clutch and it just faintly bumped then nothing! I pulled the cover off and when I went to remove nut holding basket on the rear tires tried to turn. I cleaned clutchs but still nothing. I know the trans is good it goes into gears. it rolls like its in nutural

jakestolar
10-18-2011, 06:24 PM
when I went to remove nut holding basket on the rear tires tried to turn.

I don't quite follow. When you went to take the nut off the rear tires spun? That is to be expected if in gear and you didn't have the brake on or the primary locked.
Did you get the nut off? I assume so because you cleaned the disks.

Did you adjust the clutch?

trevbuell
10-19-2011, 02:37 PM
I turn the nut and when in gear it turns tire. It has to be somthing in clutch. The clutchs did look bad but I feel they should still try to turn trans and just slip bad?? It does nothing! What is the deal here??

jakestolar
10-19-2011, 03:42 PM
remove clutch. clean reinstall. your bike sat a long time

Applepooh
10-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Have you changed the fluid in the primary? Adjusted the primary bolt?

trevbuell
10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
I have taken out clutchs and cleaned. I soaked in there own fluid and reinstalled. When I go to remove nut holding clutch in the tire turns so I know the trans is good just why won't clutch engage and turn trans? It had 5 steels and 5 fibers. Everything looked in order. Blows me away. It's like the clutch is totally burnt to it won't even try to move bike

ezblast
12-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Check detent clip amd plate are good, while in there should have done shiftpawl adjustment and drum pin adjustment, and stator wire protection plate edge chamforing, hows the shift drum working?
EZ

mar1
02-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone, I'm doing a shift pawl adjustment and ran into problems with the reverse threaded nut, it just keep turning when l try to loosen it. I search every where and found something, can someone explain what this means (some big ass sockets) I got that:) and (a metal between the two) ??? I don't get it. I need help since I'm new to this, I got the other nut out except for this one . Maybe some pics would be great.;)

Thanks

pierce
03-16-2012, 05:15 PM
How did you get the left side off?

What you need to do is place a piece of 4.5 inch steel between the teeth of the two so it doesn't just spin. A breaker bar helps as well. Those nuts are torqued very tightly. Then when you put it back together do the same, and torque it to spec.,

Like this:
http://www.bikernet.com/docs/stories/8839/11%20Image%20-Remove%20Primary%20Drive%2002-150.jpg