PDA

View Full Version : What happens when Buell's ideas are taken to even another level.....

2Evil4U
11-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Not sure what to make of this outfit. The bikes are a bit whacko for my taste, but then again, so were the Buells when they first showed up.
http://www.confederate.com/home.php

buellxb
11-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Wow, very strange. The bikes look like some kind of buells custom built for batman. Have you seen that crazy red buell called the hellbender? I think that was the name.

BuellPartsGuy
11-01-2006, 11:42 PM
I don't really see the Buell a lot there, but it definately is innovative. The one on there looks like the engine is the frame. The cylinders are a CNC'd part of the main structure... B.A.![up]

paperclip
11-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Tose are some wird looking bikes there. I don't see the buell in them that much, but then again the sportbike is a naked bike and the one model has an exhaust similar to the buells.

azsnow
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM
The Confederate motorcycle company has been around for years. These are truly the most unique bikes they have produced I have to say. The motor has always been sporster based, and were a bit ugly when first produced, but they sure do handle well!

bigt1006
11-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah buell bikes are quite strange in there design and the way the parts are arranged on the body.

maybebuell
12-03-2006, 02:05 PM
az i dont think the motors are sportster base,,there s&s motore from 113 ci and larger..no sportster in that baby

azsnow
12-04-2006, 02:34 AM
The original machines ran "A highly modified version of our S&S manufactured sportster derived powertrain was specified by our design team" Taken directly from the confederate web site. If you have ever seen a Confederate, you will notice the one piece trans/engine case. Sportster based only. The new Machines are another story, it is a Confederate motor and a S&S trans case.
http://www.confederate.com/company.php

buellseye
12-09-2006, 03:17 PM
i just downloaded the brochure from their site and the exhaust is definitely stolen from buell design.[mad]

buellxb
12-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I promote innovation no matter where the inspiration comes from. If a design concept is taken here and there from a Buell that's probably a good thing. It is important for the success of any company to respect patent and copyright laws, but ideas must build on each other for the greater good. I'd like to call it an unintended brainstorming effect.

XPG
12-28-2006, 06:05 AM
what I read in the flyer is that the NEW model is based on the Sportster style S$S. The original Hellcat was offered with a few displacement variations of th Big Twin Evo style engine. It has the trans swapped end for end and positioned on it's side so the primary can be shorter. The mainshaft is an extended version so the clutch can be mounted on the "wrong" end of the trans.

crashbuell
06-11-2007, 05:36 PM
That confederate looks like a kitchen appliance that someone took the sheetmetal outer cover off of. It's straight out of "Bladerunner".

buellfiend
06-28-2007, 03:33 AM
sweet bike, definitely the same powerplant as a Buell.

midlifecrisis
07-11-2007, 10:41 PM
The exhaust and swingarm are merged. I hear their next creation is a V-Twin created by slicing off two cylinders from a Chevy LS-6. Confederate bikes are examples of pure Industrial/Artistic engineering that aren't to my taste but I can appreciate there product.