PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Experiences Section Needed, Please.

Bordsnbikes
08-03-2008, 04:10 PM
So I got this idear from badweather, but I like this site A LOT better and would like to see more things on it to help each other out, after all we are family, bastard family maybe, but nonetheless family. How about a section about good and bad dealers in your area? The problem I found with badweather is there's no decent way to look for your dealer with out reading 80,000,000 titles. So what is we have a section (or whatever you call it) that is broken down into countries, inside each is broken down into states/provinces or the like. This could potentially take a lot of research, so instead of that, lets start with where most of the popular/more frequent posters are from. Such as LeFox, maybe you could get a few states (or however its broken down over yonder) around you. The US would be fairly easy, and it seems most of the members here are stateside. Then, if your from somewhere not on the "map" yet, let the head enchilada around here know (BuellXB right?) and he can put it up. Please, add suggestions or tell me I have a stupid idea that should be removed so we can nail this down right.

LeFox
08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
my dealer & general tech: American Lifestyle (http://www.americanlifestyle.be/001/index.html)
heavy tech's & wintermod center: Twin Mototcycles (http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/)

Bordsnbikes
08-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the reply LeFox, does this mean no one else thinks this is a good idea?

Thaloc
08-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a fine idea to me.

My dealer & techs: Legend of Harley (http://www.legendharleywenatchee.com/)

My Dyno guy: Protech Motorcycle Dyno Tuning
Po Box 4125
Wenatchee, WA 98807
509-670-1400

shilohsk8
08-16-2008, 05:23 PM
It's a great idea but where I live in So.Cal. my local dealers suck when it comes to Buells. Harleys are just way to popular down here and dealers don't want to devote any time or money on Buells. It really sucks.:(

FIDOSOL
08-16-2008, 05:35 PM
I think it's a good idea, but what do we put if we NEVER take it to a dealer for ANYTHING?...:D

Buellysses
08-16-2008, 10:15 PM
All I can say is my parts have been a week out for 3 weeks now. Bike was wrecked July 8th, I MAY get it back next week. [sad] <-Don't hold your breath...

Not a happy camper, not even a little bit.

dave_xb12r
08-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Great idea!! Maybe we could have a map that we add a "pin" to that shows where the dealership is and what rating we give it(like a 1-10). I know of a few bad dealerships, and I know of a few good dealerships. And to expand on that even further, I would like to know all of the dealerships within reasonable distance are that could dyno my bike. I know a lot HAVE dynos, but not very many can put a Buell on it.

Bordsnbikes
08-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Dave, your almost as genius as me ;) That's an awesome idea. That would be a great way to organize it too, beats listing countries and states. Maybe a link to their website so we can see what they have there, such as a dyno. Fido, if you don't need dealers for work, you still need them for parts, ie Buellysses dilema. May not be their fault, but if it were happening to a lot of people, or a lot of Buell owners, we would know to steer clear. Lets not start listing everyones dealers/guys in here, or we just have a bunch of info thats not cataforized. Lets save that for when/if the map gets up. Hopefully there is a way for each person to add the dealer of their choice so the mods don't get bombarded with more info than they can process.

LeFox
08-17-2008, 08:31 PM
i would suggest a dealer list with a vote option that would give you % idea's...not just numbers...

but that a programming thing that, if possible, buelxb needs to come up with.

this may end up in a pro-buell dealership contest if alot of dealer get an insight of things...(which could be a good influence, since it would mean a bigger gain, better service thing.)

Trooper
08-18-2008, 05:25 AM
Im from Canada, and i have been trying to deal with Ottawa Harley for about 3 weeks now, trying to get a price for a new bike and some extra parts, got one reply saying to look up price list on Buell site, he was not very helpfull, and has not replyed since then, im out of country and plan to buy when i get home, it would be nice if it was ready when i get there, i dont like waiting.

Bordsnbikes
08-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah thats crap, how can you run a business and not help customers, or potential customers. Bastards.