PDA

View Full Version : Protect your bikes, just a friendly reminder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

brightbuell
10-28-2011, 02:41 PM
My next door neighbor is my landlord and his GM truck just got ripped off right out from the front of my house. I just found out today and its ****ing crazy!!! To think this **** is real and people are stealing average 10 year old trucks, with hail damaged. Anyway I park my bike out side now due to having to down grade our residence, so i lost my garage. I park my bike in the back locked up and covered, but its still at risk so i just wanted to remind every one to be on guard and make sure your locking you bike up properly because you never know when 3 guys with a van or pickup could roll up and swipe your baby, and take it to a garage to strip it down and sell it piece by piece on Ebay!!!! :( It happens!! So Lock'em Up!!

poolguyJ
10-28-2011, 04:18 PM
^^^ Agreed you can replace your bike but you cant replace that piece of mind that your stuff isn't safe anymore. A good friend of mine had a RC51 stolen from him, he didnt have full coverage AND still owed $3,000 on it...

Good reminder, ride safe!

Jesse T
10-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Makes me thankful for my garage...I hate thieves [down]

poolguyJ
10-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Makes me thankful for my garage...I hate thieves

+1

roxxx
10-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I have had the Good fortune to Catch a Burglar In my house And A thief trying to steal one of my trucks .
I caught them Both Red handed
nope Couldn't shoot them ....I live in Canada BUT man What A mess lolololol I bet to this Day they both remember Me

I giggled like a school girl meeting Justin Bieber
After I was Done Both times , What a Feeling very satisfying

Loki
10-28-2011, 06:35 PM
^what about meeting whats his face?

Yeah, get full coverage, it eases the blow of a stolen bike. I had my last buell stolen from me. As seen below.
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/7726_20101111094238_L.jpg

Dave A
10-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Both bikes garaged, cable locked together, covered and full coverage. No worries.

BuddhaBuell
10-31-2011, 08:34 PM
3 guard dogs, a shop which BamBam and the dirtbikes share during the riding season (the dogs also live there) otherwise off season BamBam is in my dining room.

Also from Canada eh and know full well that if your here for trouble you've found it..
locked and loaded, livin' in the middle of nowhere, people disappear
;)

BuellyBagger
10-31-2011, 09:01 PM
full coverage, rickedy garage, and a 20gauge pump with red dot site loaded with slug then bird shot one after the other (six in total). Which is only worth a damn if i actually wake up but eh id prolly miss em neway

wally
11-01-2011, 02:30 AM
yes insurance covers the bike being stolen and paying out, but being able to find a Buell again in the same nick as your current one...

I know Naude Hopper on the forum's Buell was almost nicked a month or 2 ago. they didn't get away, but messed up the ignition wiring (I think).

I stay in a secure complex, but even that is sometimes just a false sense of security.