PDA

View Full Version : Brake rub??

xlr8n_xb
08-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey everybody. Got new rubber put on my '05 xb12r last week cuz they said the front tire was cupped. Little did i know when i purchased the bike. Now that i have my bike back the rear brakes are dragging. it looks like the rotor is pushed against the inner brake pad and
doesn't give the caliper room to press the pad back. is there a way to adjust the caliper? If anyone has any fixes or ideas, i'd appreciate it. Thanks[confused]

firechickenXB9R
08-04-2008, 04:18 AM
I would pull it off and look it over. Clean it and reinstalll it and see if that works. I don't think thee is adjustments to the rear caliper.

LeFox
08-04-2008, 12:41 PM
there's no adjustment possible.

as firechicky said, get the clamp off clean and clean it. there's problaby some dirt around the piston.

xlr8n_xb
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
thanks for the answers. i pulled them off and looked them over quick and put them back on with the same problem. One of the rubber boots that goes over the bolts to hold the caliper on is torn. that allows the caliper to slide back and forth. can you buy just the boot that goes over the bolt? Does anyone have the Brembo calipers on there xb? just wondered how they work. i may just get them if i can't get this fixed. I don't trust the damn dealers anymore.