PDA

View Full Version : 883r sportster with buell bits for trade (for a buell)

thatdirtykid
11-03-2011, 06:39 PM
You want to trade your great handling, good looking american sport bike for a american crusier with a "sporty" look and decent handling. The ladies, my wife included think this is a sex magnet, and qestion why I would trade for a "fugly sport bike" I am asking 4500, and mostly am just looking for a change, so not in a hurry to sell or trade.

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab255/tdk_dumpalbum/utf-8BSU1BRzAwNTEuanBn.jpg

I will consider most any buell, maybe even a nice blast +cash. My fav buell models (although some would be a far fetched trade for my bike) Xb12x, XB12stt, or ST3. Really any buell that uses risers, not clip-ons.

My bike is a 2002 883r under 27,000 miles and less than 5k since the rebuild. You can ignore that 883 bit (until you get it insured, then you will be happy that it says 883 on the tank).
NRHS 1250 kit
883 heads mildly worked
buell cams/flywheels ect for higher revs (out of a 98 s1)
Mikuni HSR 42
Crane cams hi4 single fire ignition
Supertrap 2:2 exhaust.
Still has the 883 gearing (same as US buells)
Progressive Springs front and rear, with adjustable rebound on the rears.
Good amount of life left in the tires (I wish they were worn so I could justify replace them with something grippier)
Clubman handlebars internally wired, with bar end mirrors.
Little tweaks here and there to make it what it is.
Probalbly not as much grunt as any buells, but probably turns more heads. This bike has been ridden and there are small marks on the rear fender, and a dent and a scratch in the pipes.

Located in Fort Collins CO.

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab255/tdk_dumpalbum/utf-8BSU1BRzAwNTIuanBn.jpg

Flame away for posting a hardley here. Especially for a first post. Once I can unload this thing on someone I will be jumping in here with a new buell of some kind.

sak1782
11-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Good luck! You will be much happier with a Buell.

Loki
11-03-2011, 07:14 PM
That is a sexy HD and you wont hear me saying that often.... at all.

thatdirtykid
02-02-2012, 05:56 PM
$4100? anyone? Got a buell, or dual sport, or older bike+cash, you know a UJM, gl1100, sabre, ascot, anything?

TooFst
02-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Just sent this to my buddy. He's been lookin for a bike for a while now and I think this would be perfect for him... I'll let ya know if he bites..

anrkizm95
02-02-2012, 08:18 PM
but probably turns more heads
dout it.

theoctopus
02-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Probably not so great to come on a Buell enthusiast forum and refer to them as "fugly sport bikes". Just a tip.

myronman3
02-02-2012, 09:28 PM
you gotta be ****ting me. you come on here, looking to trade a harley for a buell (no problem with that) but then you proceed to talk down buells and talk up your harley. do you think any of us are buying into your presentation? what are you, a used car salesman or something?

just when i thought i had seen it all.....

myronman3
02-02-2012, 09:29 PM
i got a cup of cold piss that i will trade you for that harley.......on second thought, **** it. my cold piss is worth more.

kelly
02-04-2012, 12:00 AM
how uncomfy does that bike look huh. keep your current bike and go buy a buell for around 3-4 grand and just ride it.

thatdirtykid
03-02-2012, 08:18 AM
You you guys must be pretty self conscious, cant even take a joke. I think buells are amazing looking bikes, prefer them over italian and jap sport bikes, looks included. However the consensus in the motorcycle world is buells are kinda funny looking... Obviously I disagree. (And was talking my bike down if anything, saying "sporty looking" and having little other than sex appeal to try to sell this bike to people who got it right the first time)

Kelly, I would love to keep it and buy a couple more bikes, but I don't have the money or the space to keep too many bikes around. And as far as comfort, I am a taller guy, the bars never bothered me (including a 910 mile trip to vegas in a day). That said, I always have a bid or two out on stock bars, knowing the clubmans aren't going to suit my main market.

All that said, price drop to 3750$

thatdirtykid
03-06-2012, 09:13 AM
I am advertising elsewhere.
I wish XL forum had a better classifieds section, it would be a lot easier to sell this bike in a sportster forum. I have been a member there for a while, and there are a lot of people who bounce back and forth from buells (which are quite popular there) and sporties.
I have gotten offers for quite a bit more than $2800, and am holding out for a little more. I still have a standing offer for $3200, and a dealer that will give me $3700 trade in (and sells bikes at decent prices, he had a low mile 02 st3 with bags for 4k last summer I would have loved to jump on)

buellbradski
03-06-2012, 02:49 PM
glws there are a lot of good folks in this buell community you wont regret making the switch. I jumped the harley ship 2 years ago now the thought of riding a harley again makes me ill. Never know where or when you will find a buyer or someone to trade though. Some of the fellas on here do have a strong hatered for HD as you can tell. Being HD's bastard child has that effect on us. So good luck and cant wait to see what kinda bike you can get for it. by the way you for sure can find a decent buell for $3200;)

thatdirtykid
06-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Bike eventually sold for what it was worth and I picked up a decent S3t for under 3k and had plenty to pay off some debts. If I find the time to ride more I may be around these parts more often.

redrider
06-20-2012, 09:24 AM
pics???