PDA

View Full Version : Buell Uly Muffler

Neal
11-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I bought a extra muffler on craigs list ,cut it open took out half the baffle,I left the front baffle wall and the valve ,rode it a few miles and took it off ,love the sound but was afraid of doing damage to the engine by altering the back pressure . Got 5 more miles to the gallon when I could stay out of the thottle and the fan ran less. Will this muffler damage my motor ?

c818919
11-11-2011, 07:34 PM
probably run your motor leaner then what you were.....think about a race ecm or logging so that you can burn some more fuel maps....just needs more fuel in the cylinder.

user_deleted
11-12-2011, 05:51 AM
neal: as long as your exhaust valve is connected to cable at both ends...being muffler valve end and servo box end atop airbox, you should not affect back pressure enough to do any exhaust valve or piston damage. if you want to see how close you are on plug heat range just get heat in the motor, take it for nice long ride of say 15 miles or so, ride home and immediately shut off, do not let the bike idle. pull a plug and see what you have. if you left the stock uly left side outlet tube on the stock muffler, you should still have decent pressure.