PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Tires

EvilBetty
08-12-2008, 04:57 PM
I just bought a 2000 Buell Blast.

I did all the research I could on bikes and especially the Blast before I headed over to inspect it and buy one.

When I got there I thought the tires looked worn but the owner insisted they had just changed the rear tire last year.

I bought the bike and when I got home I looked up these tires on the web. I noticed mine no longer have the center grove. It's worn away.

Will this pass safety inspection in MO? How worn can these tires get before they need to be replaced?

Are the Pireli's the way to go as far as replacements go for a daily commuter?

Thanks!

chadprepton
08-12-2008, 06:05 PM
I can tell you from my experience with the dunlop tire on my '03 that they wear down way too fast. I'm at 5000 miles and I'm going to have to get my 3rd set soon. If the center treed is gone I would say its time to get new tires. I've never used the Pireli's but they are cheaper online.

They really might have changed the rear last year but that just shows how fast the rear tire can go...

dans03firebolt
08-12-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't understand how some guys can wear through tires in 1500 miles. I have about 2000 miles on my Pilot Powers on my Bolt and they still look like they did the day I put them on there. Maybe a little worn but nothing like you guys are saying. Good luck I would definitely invest in a harder tire as the Blast isn't the biggest corner carver out there.

ezblast
08-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Bring it - they can be - a single puts the torque down from take off - their real positive in the twisties going out of the corner is that they can go all out while you have to modulate your power, that plus the smaller tire means less rubber is doing more work, so they go through them faster, however, since they are half the price of the twin's tires - it works out in the singles favor anyway.
Dunlops suck - period - unsafe in wet conditions and they tend to track on groves and ruts, and steel plates, bridges - etc. -purely a sucky tire next to even the cheapest tire out there - the Chen Shin Baracuda which is a better tire.
EZ[cool]