PDA

View Full Version : Penske/Traxxion Group Buy

12-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Happy Holidays everyone. Just wanted to let everyone in on a group buy for Penske/Traxxion suspension products. In the spirit of the season, all profits from the products sold on this site will go to charity. That's right, whatever members buy will go to charity!

This is not limited to Buell motorcycles, so gather your friends!

What is eligible for the group buy

Stoltec Moto's homepage is going through some updates, so the Penkse lineup is not yet loaded. In the meantime, please reference Penske's web page.

For those who do not wish to peruse their site, a basic non-inclusive list of what is available follows. Please note that prices listed are MSRP to give you an idea of how the pricing works out from one model to another. Our prices are considerably lower!

Shocks
*8975 Double Adjustable (no external reservoir). $695 MSRP. Non-Buell...
*8983 Double Adjustable Road Race (remote or piggyback reservoir). Adds reservoir and ride height adjustment. $940 MSRP.
*8987 Triple Adjustable Road Race (remote or piggyback reservoir). Adds high-speed compression damping. $1270 MSRP.

Forks - kits include springs, buffer, seals, and installation
*Fork Piston Kit. $599 MSRP for winter special, $675 normally.
*20 mm Fork Cartridges (Traxxion AK20's). $1195 MSRP.
*Gas Fork Cartridges (Traxxion AK Gas). $2500 MSRP.
*Springs, shims, spring buffers, seals, oil, etc. are available

Miscellaneous
*Shock pre-load bearing kit. $19.95 MSRP.
*Shock hydraulic spring perch. $185 MSRP.
*Special Tools
*Apparel

How the Group Buy will work
Prices CANNOT be posted directly in this thread or anywhere else on this forum. This is Penske policy and violation will result in the group buy being cancelled. Additionally, Stoltec Moto stands a good chance of losing dealer rights. So PLEASE, do not discuss pricing in this thread. All pricing is to be relayed with me via PM.

OK, so with that disclaimer aside, we have some options on how to execute this group buy. We need to meet a minimum purchase requirement to get the pricing I've laid out (not in this thread, obviously). There are two potential paths forward:

1. IF we can gather enough interest to place an order by the end of the year (12/31/2011), we can get in on Penske's fork special (Fork piston kit - MSRP is reduced during month of December).

2. If we don't have enough interested parties, we will extend the group buy into January.

As of today, I'm tentatively planning to let this group buy run for one month. We can readjust this as required, but this gives those interested some time to decide on models, gather funds, and plan their tear-down schedules. So to be clear, this means the last day of the group buy would be Wednesday January 11, 2012.

I'll add to the 'interested parties' list (below) and will let everyone know when we reach our minimum buy requirement. At that point, payment will be collected and the order will be placed. The time to fill the order will vary based on Penske's workload and the size of this group buy. However, their estimate as of today is ~2 weeks.

12-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Good news everyone. For those who were interested but on the fence waiting to see if this would go through...I can confirm it will. We've had enough interest and things are progressing.

01-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Bump...two days left! Lot's of Triumph guys, but no Buellers...

anrkizm95
01-09-2012, 06:57 PM
those prices are a little high.

01-11-2012, 08:25 AM
As noted in the original post, I've listed the MSRP. The group buy price is CONSIDERABLY lower...and unable to be posted directly on the forum. PM me for details.