PDA

View Full Version : ECMSpy????

scobbie001
08-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Okay, I've heard alot about the ECMSpy program on here, and I'm started to get confused as to what it will and will not do. I think I might can go with the ECMSpy, but I just need to know if it will do what I need it to.

I have a 2003 XB9R. I already have a Jardine pipe, my new filter is on the way, and I'm going to do the breather re-route and open airbox conversion when that gets to me. I still have not been able to get my hands on a race ecm, and there is no one within a considerable distance with the equipment and knowledge to do a custom remap on my stock ecm. All I hear about the "inline boxes" such as dobeck is that they are trouble, or I would go that route. Since I can't get a custom remap on my stock ecm, and a race ecm is out of reach, can I use ECMSpy to flash the race ecm fuel maps and timing settings onto my stock ecm? I believe those maps are available for download, and that might be my best option, but I'm not sure.

If I'm being confusing, let me know...and if there is an option I'm not thinking about, please chime in. I just need to go with the best possible option for my bike so i can do the mods I'm looking at and not have to worry about complications.

Thanks in advance. :)

LeFox
08-15-2008, 09:21 PM
click (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Lightning-XB12S-XB12Ss-CityX-XB12Scg/Troubleshooting/New-to-EcmSpy-Race-Eeprom-trouble-experienced-users-please-help) ;)