PDA

View Full Version : I love you guys!!!

buellbradski
12-21-2011, 06:05 PM
So Ive been looking for a winter vehicle and stumble acrossed a bronco. Well I looked at it . It ran nice it's rust free shifted fine. Asking $2300. So the bad some body bypassed the heater core telling me it needs to be replaced and it idles high untill you put it in gear I'm talkin 2500rpms but kicks down to1 when in gear. So I go on a bronco forum tell everyone my concerns and they all tell me to look for things I had already stated were fine. One guy even gave me a lecture on how I should be more concerned with the tranny than the shape of the body! Anyway I just wanted to thank you guys for being intelligent and helpfully when someone ask for advice . Dealing with that forum made me wish broncos had a forum more like this. Oh yeah I picked up the 1990 with a 5.0 from Hawaii so no rust $1800!

anrkizm95
12-21-2011, 06:11 PM
love my bronco iv had it for 12 years and like my buell i will never get rid of it.congrats
oh yea pics

buellbradski
12-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I won't have it's till Friday so I'll put up pick saterday

DustyXB
12-21-2011, 07:10 PM
I love you too Brad. :D

jimijeans
12-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah those Broncos are good vehicles. The high Idle could maybe be from a gasket OR just an adjustment.It is something small for sure. Some of them Idled high due to first start up and then will be OK after a few minutes warmed up.The Heater Core isn't really all that Expensive. Takes a 1/2 a day or couple of hours to replace.Put good Semi Synthetic 20/50/weight in the Engine. A wix oil filter works good on fords. The Automatic Transmission service regularly to get the most out of it.Have fun !*Jimi

BuellyBagger
12-21-2011, 09:07 PM
"BRO HUG" love u too man

BuellRiderX
12-21-2011, 10:07 PM
From HI with no rust? I'm impressed. EVERYTHING rusts here. Even stainless steel hardware we use for solar equipment.

vtech007
12-21-2011, 11:36 PM
I just wanted to thank you guys for being intelligent and helpfully when someone ask for advice

I second that. You guys are truly very helpful. Everytime. I always get a good answer to my questions. And you don't get these sarcastic and/or baligerent and/or demeaning comments from some member that doesn't have an intelligent answer that you just wish would disappear. Thanks to everyone here.

anrkizm95
12-22-2011, 02:50 AM
heater core takes about 30 min,high idle could be a number of things.10/30 for oil 20/50 is to thick.the transmission is considered weak because of sun and planetary gears but most problems are due to the shift solenoid pack.change the fluid before and after summer.i have 176,000 miles on my trans 126,000 running 44s with no problems.

buellbradski
12-22-2011, 04:52 AM
Wow jimijeans and anrkism just somed up what all the guys on the other forum did proving my point. And there is rust but surface rust on the hood and the paint has faded.Thanks again guys!

xlr8n_xb
12-22-2011, 05:54 AM
We all love you to brad.

buellbradski
12-22-2011, 05:50 PM
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/9498_20111222114915_L.jpg
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/9498_20111222114948_L.jpg

anrkizm95
12-22-2011, 06:13 PM
[up]

BuellyBagger
12-22-2011, 08:35 PM
good lookin rig brad. now all it needs is some 35"s and some lights!

christianmb
12-23-2011, 05:50 AM
That is old enough, does it have the 302 or I-6? I had an I-6 F-150 and I had some gremlins I never found...I learned to live with it :). As far as high idle, an easy check would be vacuum lines like the other guys already said. It definitely sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere. Glad you got something fun for the winter, and like others...*BRO HUG*

buellbradski
12-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Oh after my 30 mile ride home last night the high idle magically dissapeared now I just need to do the heater core flush the antifreeze and fix the rear window maybe undercoat it so it stays rust free. And yes it a 5.0 auto.

BuellyBagger
12-23-2011, 11:19 AM
actually brad im a firm beleiver that undercoat does more harm than good especially on a used vehicle. It often traps dirt and moister in seams and corners. Also when it dries sometimes it will crack a little and get dirt and moisture stuck in those tiny cracks. All of which cause rust. Bare metal will rust slower than metal that has a coating holdin the contaminents against it in a way that makes them harder to wash of in normal cleaning and not allowing the moisture to dry out. Out of all the car resto's ive been involved in the ones that had been undercoated were the rustiest turds ull ever see.

I would buy some POR15 to coat all the surface rust on the frame and under body. It converts the rust to a very hard "ceramic like" black coating.

anrkizm95
12-23-2011, 02:21 PM
that undercoat does more harm than good especially on a used vehicle. It often traps dirt and moister in seams and corners. [up]

I would buy some POR15 to coat all the surface rust on the frame and under body. It converts the rust to a very hard "ceramic like" black coating. [up][up]

buellbradski
12-23-2011, 08:02 PM
I thought about buying some cans of fluid film and just coating the body with that and pot the frame what's your thoughts on that

BuellyBagger
12-24-2011, 06:08 AM
fluid film as in that wax like corrosion preventer coating? and im not sure i follow on "pot the frame" either??[confused]

buellbradski
12-24-2011, 06:56 AM
yup the corosion preventer fluid film.and i meant por 15 not pot my phone auto corrected[mad].

BuellyBagger
12-24-2011, 07:11 AM
ok well that fluid film is for inside of panels like inside frame rails and doors and qtr panels... works great for that and id definetely recomend it. But it wont hold up to weather etc on the out side for very long. Best advice i can give for the body i guess is to clean it really well make sure to flush out all gravel dust mud sand salt w/e with lots of water and inspect for rust often and address it b4 it gets too bad. Everything rusts eventually but good maintenence and cleaning slows it down. Oh and if u pack the truck full of ice and stuff in the winter try and get it somewhere to melt it off as often as possible my explorer started rusting after a ruff winter when ice got trapped in the bottom of the liftgate and door seams and cracked the seam sealer when it expanded.

BuellyBagger
12-24-2011, 07:15 AM
U can use POR newhere u c surface rust on the body too just clean the scale off witha scotch brite and brush it on. I've been thinkin about doin the frame on my expidition it looks horrible all covered in surface rust

BuellyBagger
12-29-2011, 08:30 PM
got to add to brads orginal message behind the post:

I was just reading some of a thread on a desert truck forum (pirate 4x4) i ended up there looking at some pics of a rendering of a ford Raptor Bronco. Ne ways not one of the posts were positive in ne way just a bunch of bashin and bitchin. I know everybody does a lil of it but that seemed to be the way of the entire forum.
Glad im a member of BUELL XB!

kelly
12-30-2011, 01:09 AM
i feel ya on the other forums being all negative adn whiny. oh hey and what about the overly nice ones that get all holy roller-esk about ****.

BRatigan
12-30-2011, 03:29 AM
I use Miracle Paint by Hirsch. It is activated by moisture so it works really well on my 05 Tundra frame and underside panels. pricey though.

BR

buellbradski
12-30-2011, 06:05 AM
thanks BRatigan ill look into it. After 16 repliys on the other forum i did get some help but the help i got,I received the same info from you guys in this post thanks again to everyone not just for this help but for the help received on my bike.[up]