PDA

View Full Version : netrual light

skimmerboat
01-10-2012, 08:40 AM
My netrual light won't come on. Everything else works headlight, blinkers, horn, guages come on volt light. netrual doesn't come on and the starter is dead.Rode it last week, went to start it today and nothing. Don't know what to think.

christianmb
01-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Sounds like a neutral switch problem. Odd that they would both crap out at the same time

BitchinXb
01-10-2012, 10:49 AM
I thought my neutral switch burnt out about a year ago, Then the other day I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it started to work.

jakestolar
01-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I think I have a spare neutral switch

misternikko
01-10-2012, 11:50 AM
i had the same problem. it wasn't the neutral switch. it was something by the front sprocket that I pushed in. it must have vibrated out. maybe that is the neutral switch? check it out. I pushed mine in and the light came on.

jakestolar
01-10-2012, 12:00 PM
that is the neutral switch

skimmerboat
01-10-2012, 01:18 PM
It was the plug by the front sproket. Looks like the wire is broke inside the plug. Anyone know how to bypass that netrual switch?

jimijeans
01-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Welcome to the Forum skimmerboat,Yes it is somewhat of a pain to get to to Replace. Not a good Idea to bypass that Part. It works with your Transmission & Clutch . Not to mention if your Clutch is Slightly out of Adjustment putting it in Neutral helps let the Engine Start easier and the bike won't leap/jerk when trying to start. Replace it so no Malfunctions occur. This way the Engine won't possibly Start and get you or anyone else in a fix.
The part is really easy to Change. There is a way by modding a Socket it is here on the forum for many to use so as to make the job easier. It is somewhat Time consuming but worth it. If the Plug is burned or broken, there should be a repair wire with plug at Napa/ or some auto parts Store or the Dealer for that.On some model Bikes it has to work as a safety Feature. Good Luck.*Jimi

skimmerboat
01-11-2012, 05:19 AM
I ordered a new wire 70227-99 JUMPER netrual indicator I ordered the jumper and some bolts and washers, and it was $35, not too bad,of course they had to special order it. If I can find a plug I can fix it for now,and when I get the time change the wire. I,m in the prosess of finishing a 52' shrimp boat (a four year project) and don't have the time.Thanks guys for all the info.