PDA

View Full Version : Special ops exhaust

Mr B
01-17-2012, 06:45 PM
I am getting the special ops exhaust for my 09 xb12scg, I chose this exhaust partly because it allows you to keep the interactive butterfly valve, I also want to do the k&n air filter open airbox mod and race ECM or remap, my question is can the exhaust valve be used with the race ECM or remap or is it coming out anyway.

oh9bolt
01-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Race ecm cancels the interactive exhaust. So my guess is the butterfly needs to be removed or leave the stock ecm and use tunerpro to tune it, if you want to keep the interactive exhaust.

Ralph S
01-17-2012, 10:27 PM
EBR race ECM still lets the valve do what it's suppose to do(i have Spec Ops pipe). At the time i got my ECM the servo motor that controls the exhaust valve was broken on my bike. I was going to wire the valve open, and not worry about it since i thought that it wouldn't work with the new ECM. Just to make sure i e mailed EBR and they told me that their race ECM is designed to work with the exhaust valve and they suggested keeping it working in order not to loose power in the lower RPMs.

theoctopus
01-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Skip the race ECM. Come over to The Tuniversity (http://www.thetuniversity.com/) and let me get you set up with something far more custom.

We can keep the AMC feature on or shut it off. Your call.

Also, you should be aware of the incredible lead times on most Spec OPS products. It is not uncommon for someone to wait 3-4 months before receiving shipment.

Sirius815
01-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Lead time is killer for sure and with little to no communication. There's a member on here that JUST got his exhaust in about a week or so ago - 3-4 months with no communication. But - he does follow through.

Mr B
01-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback, the lead time, while inconvenient is not a huge issue, as i have purchased a used exhaust to send for the mod was considering the drummer ss as well it'sa little pricey but it's pretty sweet looking. Also going with the open air box I think I would have to come up with another mounting spot for the servo. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of eliminating the valve

Ralph S
01-18-2012, 10:34 AM
If you get rid off the valve you gonna loose some low and mid range power and you not really going to gain anything up top. I rode around with the valve wired open for a bit while i was waiting for a new servo and could definitely tell a difference once the valve was properly working again. This is with a Spec Ops pipe and EBR race ECM.