PDA

View Full Version : help i need a race kit

scrapin12s
04-03-2007, 10:51 PM
i just got a 2006 xb12r and i need a race kit where can i find one that gives good dyno results

BuellPartsGuy
04-03-2007, 11:04 PM
You will have to find one on the internet somewhere. I did a check not too long ago at all the dealers in the US and none of them had any or they wouldnt sell them. There are a few sites out there that still offer them.

v12tiger
04-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Maybe someone can give some more input on my current situation... :( Bike is '07 xb12r. Have K&N in hand, buell race ecm in hand, and in 24 hrs will have D&D slip on in hand. Come to find out that the mapping in the factory race ecm is probably the worst match for the d&d. I think I have a few options, but am completely torn at the moment. 1) Go forward with the setup I have prepared. It should be better than stock, but with ecm mapped for richness in the top end and the d&d designed for power in the mid range only, then definitely not a great combination.. In the long run could risk some maintenance issues caused by too rich or too lean in certain rpm ranges depending on use. 2) Send the d&d back and try to get a different pipe which would work with the mapping better or even a used buell race can(dont think there's any new one's out there, but would love to find one). 3)send the ecm back and pay for some dyna time and remap my stock ecm with the new pipe and some airbox mods. This could be very expensive since I'd have to pay to unlock the ecm. 4) maybe I should just write my own app to input data into the ecu and then only pay for dyna time to tweak a map for my setup.. then... I could sell the app for much cheaper than ol' direct link or screamin eagle, and recoup my investment... option four is sounding more and more attractive every minute...

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

07xb12rblack
04-04-2007, 04:20 AM
Well when you figure out which route to take if you want a buell race can I'll get one for you. I would like that d&d slip on if ya wanna make some sort of trade. Email bayoubuell@yahoo.com
[cool]

Marcos
05-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Do you know the name of the sites where i still can find these kits?

Thanks in advance

FerretBueller
05-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Go to American Sportbike (http://americansportbike.com/) and you will find the XB exhaust shootout which tested the various cans on a dyno.