PDA

View Full Version : Vibration

Mike
04-05-2007, 02:21 PM
I bought a 06 XB12R in Feb. and I did some modifications to it.
I have been out riding 5 times since i bought it. I live in NH so good days are hard to find right now. it was 70 last week and last night we just got 14 inches of snow.
ANYWAYS back to my point. i came home last friday night after about 3 hours of riding and turned off my bike to let it cool before putting it away for the night. i wanted to check something real quick so i went to turn it back on and it would not start for some odd reason. i heard a couple fuses pop and it sounded like the battery had a problem too. so i took my seat off and saw that the battery cables had vibrated loose and the washer on the Positive cable was burnt to a crisp. the bike would not start and no lights would come on now. so i got worried that i did something to the battery and that might have fried everything on the bike. after loading it up and taking it to my local Harley/Buell dealership come to find out it was a Key Ignition Relay and 4 different fuses had fried. $175 later and almost 3 hours of labor. the Relay was only $5. Just thought that i would post this if anyone else has a problem like this.
Sorry for the long description.
Hopefully Pictures will be posted soon. i emailed them in.

v12tiger
04-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Where did you get the tank pad and grip skins ?

FrAuStY12r
04-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Blue loctite the battery cable fasteners, and torque to 4-5 ft-lbs. Also might want to take a look at the front motor mount (about 85$ and an hour or so to install) Mine on my 05' 12R was lunched 7 months into ownership (6k miles) the replacement has over 14k miles on it, and still looks brand new.

I think the rubber compound on some of the mounts was a bit sub par, and the slipped through quality control. You'll know the mount is bad if there is no gap between the mount collar that encompasses the vertical mount pin, and the flat base (bottom as you look at it) There should be 3/16"-1/4" gap both above, and below the mount collar and the mount pin that bolts to the frame. Good luck!

Mike
04-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Thank you for the advice

wijjiamxb9r
04-29-2007, 04:45 PM
one time my uncle had a bike and the battery went dead and he got mad and he took the battery off and he threw it in a pond and he got a new one

v12tiger
04-29-2007, 06:38 PM
not the best way to dispose of a battery... but a way.