PDA

View Full Version : Breather Re Route Troubles????

speedracingluda
08-26-2008, 02:24 AM
I did a bunch of work to the bike and now Im starting to have a minor problem. I did a Spec Ops pipe, Race ECM, K&N intake, breather re route, and drilled some holes in the inner air box. After everything I had the TPS reset. My problem now is that after the bike warms up the RPM's will stay at 2k. The only thing that I could think of is that the breather tube I used is too thin and its pinching off causing this problem. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and if so how to fix it. For now Im going to get some 3/8" fuel hose to replace the 3/8" clear tube I used.

dave_xb12r
08-26-2008, 02:52 AM
I think you need to try that TPS reset again

squiers007
08-26-2008, 03:10 AM
You may just need to adjust your idle speed, I had a similar problem and used the adjustment knob and it solved the problem quick.

LeFox
08-26-2008, 10:08 AM
and your bike is... '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08???

- throttle cable worn
- faulty tps reset - throttle control
- faulty tps reset - idle adjuster
- etc

speedracingluda
08-26-2008, 12:03 PM
sorry its an 07 12R. Im going to try switching the hose tonight for the breather re route and see if that works. If not im goin back to the dealer.

LeFox
08-26-2008, 02:08 PM
did the dealer do the re-route?

typeone
08-26-2008, 05:23 PM
check TPS and idle again. the usual culprit of the 2K hang once the bike is hot is simply an idle set a hair too high

speedracingluda
08-26-2008, 05:30 PM
The dealer set the tps but I did the re route. Im going to give things a quick look over after work. A buddy of mine used the clear tubing on his pcv valve reroute and he had similar problems due to the thin tube pinching. I will let you know once I get her figured out.

Thaloc
08-26-2008, 05:41 PM
did the dealer do the re-route?
Will a dealer do a re-route? I mean in some cases it puts your bike outside the emission laws. Not that Id pay a stealership labor for a job as easy as that =P

LeFox
08-26-2008, 06:07 PM
over here they do...they also tune & dyno the bike.
same thing, but a bit more pricey ;)

and for the rest, what typeone said :p

Phrogg
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
The H-D shop near me doesn't sell a bike that would pass the emission test from what I hear from them. Well, they sell it, then they change the exhaust and few other things that prevent it from passing.

FIDOSOL
08-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Just thought I would post this for everyone, so there is no confusion.

EMISSIONS : WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A PARTICULARLY SPICY MEAL...

rah7777777
08-26-2008, 11:40 PM
I did the TPS and AFV reset on my 03 9S a few days ago and after 50 miles, on the way home tonight I found that it was doing exactly as you say! 2k and after about 30 seconds will slowly climb back down to normal, or just a hair above normal.....

I think the idle needs adjusted again...

xlr8n_xb
08-28-2008, 12:18 AM
i have an 05 xb12r and I had the same problem with it warming up and staying at or above 2K. I adjusted the idle speed just alittle and it resolved the problem with no effect on the rest of the bike. Hope it helps

rah7777777
08-28-2008, 02:12 AM
Adjusting the idle back down to about 950 - 1000 cured my problem as well.

odd but its good now. I'm sure its some sort of indication that the TPS and AFV reset was done improper but i'm leaving for now. Until i can get Xopti to tune her.

06xb9r
08-28-2008, 03:29 AM
Seems like it should just be the idle adjustment. I don't think the breather would do this anyway, even if it were completely pinched off. PCV is not the same, it goes directly into the intake, which could effect how the bike runs if pinched off

speedracingluda
08-28-2008, 12:18 PM
So yesterday I switched out the clear tube I used for the re route. There were 2 noticable spots where it was pinched off. I switched it out to low pressure fuel line from autozone and it seems to be working great so far. I ran it only for about 15 miles but in that time before it would act up so I think it did the job. Is there any way to reset the idle myself or is that something that I have to get the dealer to do?

dave_xb12r
08-28-2008, 12:43 PM
according to the manual, it sounds easy.

Setting the idle below the recommended speed can
result in hard starting, especially in cold ambient temperatures.
The idle speed control cable is located on the left side of the vehicle between the front cylinder head
and the ram air scoop assembly. Idle speeds are listed in SPECIFICATIONS. A 3/16 in. allen wrench may be used
to turn adjuster knob.
Idle adjuster is located near the engine and could be
extremely hot. Use suggested tool for adjusting the idle speed. Failure to comply could result in minor or moderate injury.
The idle speed should be adjusted when the engine is at normal operating temperature.

Regular idle speed is 1050-1150 RPM. Set idle speed using idle adjuster. Turn adjuster clockwise to increase idle speed or counterclockwise to decrease idle speed.

speedracingluda
08-28-2008, 03:52 PM
thanks dave! I will definitly have to do that if the problem comes back. Hopefully it wont but who knows. Thanks for the advice and help everyone!