PDA

View Full Version : cutting out

heavymetal
04-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Got the new bike home last week. Went for a short ride around the block today. It ran good all the wat except the last 300 yards. When I pulled the clutch in it died once so i restarted and keep the rpms up but I could tell it was running rough. This is a brand new bike. Also noticed that when I got going in 2nd gear and then let off the gas it did pop a little. Is all this due to it being a new bike and the computer needing to learn or should I call the dealership and check with them. I will go for another short ride later and see how it does but I am looking for some opinions.
Thanks

BuellPartsGuy
04-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Take it out for a long enough ride for you to be able to hold it at speed between 3500 and 4500 RPM for 5 mins. That re-learns the ECM and resets all parameters. Try that first. Also make sure you are giving it enough time to warm up. 3-4 mins to be sure. They can get finicky when cold.

heavymetal
04-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Will do right now. Sounds like a good excuse to go for another test ride.

BuellPartsGuy
04-08-2007, 09:08 PM
let me know how it turns out...

Make sure your idle is set at about 1100 rpm, make sure the gas that is in it is good, sometimes the bikes at the dealer I work at sit for long enough for the gas to varnish up. Ran into that a few times too.

heavymetal
04-08-2007, 09:19 PM
:):):) Expert advice. If you lived here in Alaska I would be buying you a beer. Went on about a 40 min ride. Perfect the whole way. Thanks for advice

BuellPartsGuy
04-09-2007, 01:24 AM
just glad I could help out man. Happy to hear thats all it was. :)

maybebuell
04-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Bpg how ya feeling,,,

BuellPartsGuy
04-10-2007, 01:50 AM
I can actually "kinda" walk now. I dont need my crutches anymore. I hobble around ok now. I am going back to work this week for sure. Been waiting for the doctors release and HR's from work to release me to be able to come back. All that is going to be done this week. They already came and picked up the bike and brough it to auction. I got the check and went out and bought a different vehicle. I wont be able to ride til the end of the summer to be safe anyway. So I got a nicer vehicle to drive around in till then.... lol