PDA

View Full Version : 09 XB12XT FUEL PUMP?

Buellfuel09
02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
[confused] are the fuel pumps on these models a common problem? my issues started with some infrequent missing problems at highway speeds... i replaced the fuel/plugs, and took 20 minute test ride, seemed to fix it... next day drove to work 60 miles no hesitation. rode home, it "missed" at passing speed and then didn't happen again in 20 miles. i got off the HGWY, the bike just completly stumbled when i got down to idle at a redlight. i limped it home. Next day i started to trouble shoot. found loose battery ground wire. test ride, ran great for 15 minutes, then stalled out! wouldn't restart. bike cooled down, bike started, i limped it home. Inspected ECM, found notorious cracks. took it to shop got new stock ECM, installed (Stock/remapped). they replaced turn signal module also, same results... runs till warm then dies! shop replaced CPS, same thing! shop reset TPS, Same Thing! I asked him recheck ingnition switch, all relays, fuses and wiring. now says fuel pump will not engage with key. Today I brought new battery but tech insists that fuel pump is bad, and they are a VERY COMMON problem with Buells. any insight?

ich
02-18-2012, 10:49 PM
fuel pump problems are quite rare, and commonly caused by a chafed cable inside the tank, leading to a blown fuse with ignition switched on or the pump running constantly. how is fuel pressure? did they check it anyway? (no, i guess.) is it within range?

315ebuell
01-21-2013, 10:52 AM
My 2008 Uly XT did almost same thing. Rode from North Florida to Georgia mountains last September, on the way home bike stalled and stopped. Ended up towing back to HD in Jacksonville. After two weeks troubleshooting, replaced the fuel pump. Runs fines, EXCEPT, now intermittent FI light and stall, then runs great. Seems to happen once every time I ride. Don't trust it when it keeps throwing little warnings at me.

Christer
01-21-2013, 11:48 AM
http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/142838/442427.html

Maybe this will help?

Stillonit
04-04-2013, 04:15 PM
I took my 2010X for a ride .everything seemed fine for the first spring blowing out of the cobwebs.
I returned home shut off the bike.After sitting a minute or two it does a pump prime like it does when you cycle the key to on. always did this..only this time it did it again and again and again every minute or so.. I remove the - on the Battery waited a minute reinstalled the cable and this stopped the problem. What you think would cause this?
oh also I see I need to put something to support the seat above the ECM. one of the plugs I see have been rubbing on the seat and I have heard of the seat breaking the plug on the ECM. I have the upgrade plastic block on one side of the ECM. I guess it needs larger blocks on both sides of the ECM mounting tabs