PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light

kbwood1008
02-18-2012, 06:44 PM
I just got my bike back after having the exhaust ceramic coated. It seem to run great and tone is great - ceramic coated the factory heater and muffler. But on the ride home the "check engine" light came on. I don't have the ability to read the trouble codes yet but am hopeful somebody will have ideas.

My bike is an 2009 XB12XT with 13K.

jimijeans
02-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Take a Multi meter and Test the Voltage at the Battery. It is possible you might have a Regulator OR Stator problem. There is a simple test for that make sure the Battery Terminals are Snug.The Exhaust Cable Actuator needs to be checked to be sure the Cable and servo Motor at the Top is working correctly. There's a Spring on the cable return ON the Muffler check it as well for sloppyness . pre charge the battery for a couple of hours till properly charged before testing. Then Remove and test the Voltage readings. Then move up to the next step.Good Luck.*Jimi

vtech007
02-19-2012, 12:27 AM
It's really something that a low (battery) voltage condition will cause the type of performance issues that it does....

BuellyBagger
02-19-2012, 06:04 AM
i would bet the exhaust servo, especially if it runs just fine. But yes check all connections(always a good thing to do every now and then ne way)

kbwood1008
02-19-2012, 06:13 PM
I had three loose connect of varying types - the servo connection was not even close. The short PVC value hose was not connected, nor was the air temp sensor. All fixed and ready to ride.

Thank you...

BuellyBagger
02-19-2012, 06:58 PM
good deal glad u got er fixed!