PDA

View Full Version : Burning question ECM

buelljam
02-23-2012, 11:39 AM
I want to turn off my check engine light from having the active muffler control unplugged. Got into EcmSpy last week and was able to reset my TPS, AWESOME thanks Randy Hawkins. Anyway my question is can I safely just turn off the the Active muffler control box within the diagnostics tab then hit burn? I want to do this not having saved any original maps datalogging or anything.
just turn off and burn? Im going to send off my exhaust to Randy soon and no longer have a need for the actuator. please advise.

Stevenc150
02-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Save 3 copies of your current Maps just because you already should've - then burn the unchecked Active Muffler.

buelljam
02-24-2012, 08:29 AM
OOPS did not think I needed to copy anything until I got serious about fuel remapping. Is that a bad thing that ive reset the TSP already? Im searching the topics here for anything on what to copy and how. I did "Fetch maps" whyle my bike was hooked up to EcmSpy and took a picture of each one from the computer screen for the four fuel maps shown. Im trying to find a local Bueller to help me out.

Draxsonimy
02-24-2012, 09:11 AM
perfectly fine you did a Tps reset.

You can go file save and choose location. just like any other file.

Just fetch and save eeprom. It has everything in it, fuel and ignition maps, everything... save it in a couple places then do what you want. you can always reload that eeprom later.

buelljam
02-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Great thanks guys, anyone live near ST Augustine FL,?
I'm not going to have the balls to begin remapping my ECM alone.

neomac3444
02-28-2012, 04:24 PM
I would def send a message to Max he does tuning and helped me learn a great deal. He is the man hes pretty cool to talk to also. He has his link on the left --->
He does the tuniversity. I would shoot him an email and find out his schedule vs yours since he did say he was gonna have to slow down on teaching everyone to tune.

juGGernaut
02-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Right side?

neomac3444
02-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Right side?

Haha yup just a little dyslexia for ya.