PDA

View Full Version : New Bars

NOMORE4s4ME
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm looking to swap my bars for something a little more aggressive. I'm vacillating between similar "ultra low-rise" bars and crossroads Clip-on style bars. Anyone have experience with either? Do they create problems with hitting the tank?

2Evil4U
04-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Looking at your other posts I see you have an S. I'd say see what it would take to swap to the R clip-ons and go from there.

NOMORE4s4ME
04-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Thats a good idea. Havent thought of that. I'll look into it. Ever heard of anyone who has done that? I wonder how much work and $ is involved.

TyStik
07-30-2007, 10:39 PM
I have an S with Crossroads Flat style clip-ons. No problems hitting the tank. Have been using the bike daily lately and sitting in some heavy traffic so I'm thinking about buying some of the ultra low rise bars instead.

mrdozer2you
05-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I was thinking of getting the crossroads clip-ons.

1) this will be more like my old CBR yes?

2) am I better off getting fireblot bars?

3) Im confused as far as the flat style and the down angle bars

4) who else makes clip-ons that will work, I would like to comparison shop before I purchase :p

sinpieces
05-04-2008, 09:35 AM
As far as i've noticed regarding "cafe racer bars" and/or clip ons. The Crossroads 0 version are the smartest choice. Talking what you get for the money. With the other one's you often need a new top triple tree and then the clip ons are mounted to that. These choices are often very expensive and riding style is same as with the Crossroads. You have a few companies making these "cafe race bars" though. I had the LSL streetbar 00 version, that is very low, wide and nice. Now i use the Crossroads 0 degree version. I can say this. Do you like to cruise and travel with more comfort this LSL is a good choice and giving something from both worlds. If you like a lowered more aggressive style, just for going fast and quicker steering? The 0 degree version is better. I am 181cm (without the typical biker wear) so i need to come down on my XB/s. Bars make difference and i ride fast. For comfort the LSL streetbar (00 is the lowest of the streetbar's) offer better comfort than the Crossroads, but talking speed and quickness. Then the Crossroads is your choice.

His_and_Her_Buells
05-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Crossroads vs. firebolt top clamp and bars, it's crossroads all the way. The are very close to the firebolt riding position. When using the firebolt triple clamp you have to make a spacer or hack up the headlight buckets (modules). It's been done but it's a fair amount of work. With the Crossroads it basically bolt on and go. Although some people (myself included) have had problems with binding of the throttle cables. I could not get mine to quit binding no matter how I routed the cables. I got the firbolt throttle cables (shorter) and problem solved.

mrdozer2you
05-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the reply's. Thats the answer I was looking for [up] I also found that the crossroads were the only ones not requiring a tree adapter, but didnt know if there were any other similar options, guess not, but thats cool [cool] As far as the slack in the throttle cables I cant believe that it would bind up like that, (what is there? like 4" of extra cable? ) but then again I havent started tearing into it yet, but I'll take H&H's word on that [up] Thanks for your input as well Sinpieces [up] You both cleared up alot for me.

Now, I would also like to find the spacers for the seat rails to "jack up" the rear. Any info on where to get these? Or would it create too much angle to do this with the crossroads?

sinpieces
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi,

i did not notice any problems with the throttle cables, maybe i was lucky:D
I have never tried a bike which is "jacked up", but the german kit's is like 3 inches (exact is 80mm, or even 90mm i have seen)! That's alot, i would not do it. I believe this affects the handling in a bad way.
Seems to me, the seat come closer to the bar, that would mean a strange riding position in my opinion.
I would suggest you try the crossroads first (0 degree version), then check the jacked up kit. Seems to me, if you do the crossroads conversion, you look for a more race like position (cockpit). Doing the jacked up rear is like working in the wrong direction.
I remember talking to a road racer dude, he was advising me to be very careful when heightening the rear. Too much and you will suffer less rear traction. That is not fun going fast in a corner.
When we were talking, it was only about setting the height of my Penske 8987. That is only 12mm.
I can suggest you try this solution instead, it's a nice shock and it will bring you something that add's
better traction and control instead of doing just the opposite (jack up kit).

Well, if you want the kit, i think this it's avaible in europe.
Good luck and i hope you'll find your way!

;)[up]