PDA

View Full Version : Ulysses Oil Dipstick

smurfbuds
02-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Hey all,

I'm looking to pick up a Ulysses (09) Oil Dipstick / Cap.

I was out riding and stopped at a BK for a bite and some teenagers came in afterwards giggling up a storm. Everytime I looked at them they would start up laughing. I thought nothing of it until I hopped on the bike and ended up 100+ miles away, went to lock my helmet to my bike and saw oil splashed all down my swing arm. No cap, just an open hole.

Sure, it could've popped off on it's own but I doubt it. Thankfully no damage but I can't ride without finding a damned cap that Harley apparently refuses to stock.

Any assistance?

Jonathan

uly luigi
02-27-2012, 07:58 AM
ASB has a nice one with oil temp built in
http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/A9256.html

Lesley
02-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Smurfbuds,
Welcome to the Board first off. If you are in the USA and PM me your address I have a brand new Rizoma $50.00 oil cap you can have for FREE!! yes free. Long story short I odered the one wrong one a few years back. It will fit 06+ Xb bikes. It is Gold anodized. Send me that PM/address and I can ship it today..FREE

I get off work in a couple of hours so I'll be watching for that PM if you want it.
Best of luck.

user_deleted
02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
free? unbelieveable!

Lesley is one of the guys that makes this board the best on the net. that is very helpful of you, sir. i commend you.

Stevenc150
03-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Very Cool. [up] Lesley

Lesley
03-01-2012, 07:55 AM
free? unbelieveable!

Lesley is one of the guys that makes this board the best on the net. that is very helpful of you, sir. i commend you.
I wished I was guilty but not sure about me doing all that. Much appreciation on the kind words.

Very Cool. Lesley
Thanks to you too.

Not sure where this Smurfsbud went but he hasn't answered me back yet. If either of you(lunatic or stevenc 150) can use this part Let me know. I actually have two and if Smurfsbud hasn't relpied by tomorrow then I'll give you each one if it will fit your bike. Must be 2006 or newer[up]

Stevenc150
03-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Awesome. Mine's a Gold/Orange Transluscent '06, so if Smurf doesn't respond & you have an extra, it I'll take one.
Let me pay something though...

Lesley
03-01-2012, 10:13 AM
I'll take one.
Let me pay something though...
as long as you are in the USA shipping shouldn't be more than a few bucks. If I ain't heard from Smurfsbud by tomorrow I'll send you one no charge. Just say something good about me if you ever hear anything bad. LOL Serioulsy though no charge. I already called it. Just send me a PM with your mailing address. [up]

Lesley
03-02-2012, 04:39 AM
Stevenc150 send me a PM with your address when you can. I got a cap with your name on it. :D