PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a Ulysses 07my

Revs
08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Top of the evening to ya all, I am new to the forum and to be fair there is lots of useful info. I live in the UK (i suppose sum of us have to) and am in the market for a new bike. In my long history of biking i have owned 3 Harleys (only sportster, but modified) and 2 Buell’s both firebolts and both 900's (there have been many Jap bikes in-between). I have been looking at a 07my Ulysses due to my 02my R1 is taking its toll on my wrists, back and legs. Is there any advice that you can give me on the Ulysses, from my experience of owning a XB9R's the finish suffers (or is this, a UK thing) and the ride was unbelievably the best bike I have ever owned. Any advice on this would be spot on.

Cheers.

Revs

SylvanSlayer
09-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Don't Buy an 07 buy an 08 because they have the new engine in them. I have never rode a 07 but I have herd that they don't idle very good witch was also fixed in the 08.

Lands End
09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi Revs, I live in the UK too, there is a great site related to Buells here:

ukbeg (http://www.ukbeg.com/modules.php?name=Forums)

I have an 06 Uly. I would go for the 07year, as you may get a good discount on it, but mainly because the 08 have been restricted by a catalytic converter being fitted. This has proved to ruin the MPG, and lose some BHP. It also means you are limited by what aftermarket exhaust you can fit. Most owners in the UK have replaced the entire system to find the best setup.
The 08 year has been improved by using the MK3 fuel injection system, but that's about it.
I hope you enjoy which Uly you buy as much as me!:D

DTokester
09-08-2008, 11:18 PM
I say go for the 07. In 07 they changed the upper air box cover to get rid of the stumble the the 06 had. Also they changed the sprong rate for 07s. In 08 they changed the cam on the throttle body so it is not as agressive(aka not as fun in my opinion). Although 08 did eliminate the static timing, I feel the 07s run better than 08 as I have had the privledge to ride all the model year uly sence they have been introduced.

DTokester
09-08-2008, 11:18 PM
I say go for the 07. In 07 they changed the upper air box cover to get rid of the stumble the the 06 had. Also they changed the sprong rate for 07s. In 08 they changed the cam on the throttle body so it is not as agressive(aka not as fun in my opinion). Although 08 did eliminate the static timing, I feel the 07s run better than 08 as I have had the privledge to ride all the model year uly sence they have been introduced.

DTokester
09-08-2008, 11:34 PM

Revs
09-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks for all the help, I went to view the 07my and it was in shocking condition and the Yamaha dealer it was at would not move on the price. How ever I have bought a Uly, it is a 06my but from a Buell main dealer so I get a year warranty and also it is in good condition and at a good price. I will let you know how I get on in the coming months.

Have a good one and speak soon.