PDA

View Full Version : My wife's rear!!!

07xb12rblack
04-11-2007, 04:12 AM
OK my wife's rear is a little torn up... $1910 worth of damage. STOP I know what you thinking.:D We were on our way to our local HD bike night. Perfect weather, one of our few trips together and then BAM!!! See what had happened was.. I was riding about 40 yards in front at about 55mph and I came upon an intersection that had just turned yellow so I decided to stop and I knew she would be able to handle it also . I checked her in my mirror and approached white line. I heard tires screeching so another look back and the back of her 07 xb9r was airborne coming down sideways. I watched my mirror while I rolled through the intersection getting my self out of the way and looking back it was kinda funny because my wife was starring at me the whole time like I was gonna be able to tell her what to do.. The Grand Prix rent-a-car had rubbed its front left tire all over the swing arm. The bike bounce from side to side until she was able to wobble through the intersection. She kept it on both wheels and luckily no-one was hurt. Well the thug/guy gets behind us on the shoulder and my first reaction was to open up a big can so I was Grand Prix bound. When I got to his door I realized that maybe I should go check on her first. So then I took my helmet off and did so. Apparently the guy was in a big hurry because he had been on the road for a couple hours trying to get to the hospital with his soon to be "baby momma" . He was in the left lane of the two lane when he saw the truck in front of him stopping for the light and figured that the Buells were gonna run it. Well now I'm in an insurance battle because when he rented the car he claimed to have his own insurance and signed a waiver showing no proof. (Is that even legal for them to rent to him) Well the state trooper at the scene said oh well I can't find the insurance but here's the number for the rent-a-car company you can call to get the info. Apparently the drivers falsely claimed his insurance. I took it to HD and they did a estimate on the repairs. $1910 tire, belt, swing-arm, etc... I think I'll be doing most of the repairs and looking for a good exhaust for my 07 xb12r ;)

buellxb
04-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Take it easy on your wife's rear bro. ;) lol. Sorry to hear about about the damage. At least you're fixing a Buell and not your wife. Good luck and be careful.

v12tiger
04-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Good to hear she is okay. I may be selling my stock pipe from my 07 xb12 and if so i will post on here and let you know.

07xb12rblack
04-12-2007, 04:28 AM
I meant an aftermarket pipe either d&d or drummer. I just want it to be LOUD!!! Any suggestions?

HagJ74
04-12-2007, 06:35 PM
I have an 07 Cherrybomb XB12R. I just put on the "Original" Drummer slip-on. Let me tell you, I freakin love it. It is so loud and actually my bike seems to be running smoother. Before the pipe my bike would occasionaly die during warm-up. Now no problems. And believe me when I say its loud. On the freeway, before I installed the pipe the noise from the wind was the only thing I could hear. Now all I hear is the pipe. Sounds so good. Will even have to wear ear plugs during long rides. The dyno's also show its the best pipe to put on your bike. Go to Americansportbike.com and you can see all the dyno's. It pretty much shows drummer as the best and D&D as the worst. Side note; glad to hear all is well. And as far as the other parties lack of insurance. I am a "state trooper" in CA. When we come across a rental, its not required to show proof of insurance. We just annotate it as being a rental. So your insurance should cover you and go after the rental company or go after the other party civilly. This is when you find if your insurance company is any good. Good luck.

07xb12rblack
04-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks bro, I have heard the D&D in person but never a drummer and I like the sound. I did look at the exhaust shootout and I listened to the two different sounds and it seems the d&d was louder but that is on the computer. I'm not much of an impulse buyer so I definately wnat to hear the drummer. Also, the parts guy at my local HD said they did dyno a drummer and he wasn't impressed. All I want is sound. I might change the ecm and air filter, whatever is neccessary for her to scream smoothly. Thanks again for all the legal info its appreciated.

v12tiger
04-13-2007, 02:59 AM
I just locked down a D&D on mine last night. Honestly, the D&D made more sense for me because it produced more power in the midrange...where I ride, and probably most of you guys. Unless you race or take alot of track days. If I spent most of my time near redline then mabye Drummer would have been best. I don't remember exactly where it's strong points were but I thought high rpms. I will be at tilley hd on Sat, where kdfab did most of their dynos, and hopefully i'll find someone there with a drummer onboard so we can compare the sound.. I couldnt just get the pipe so i'm installing the k&n tonight and ecm next week. Thinking about gutting the stock airbox, and maybe even re-routing the pcv tubes...i'm waiting to get some more opinions. Can't wait to hear the d&d scream ;)

v12tiger
04-13-2007, 03:00 AM
has anyone re-routed the crankcase ventilation tubes ??

07xb12rblack
04-13-2007, 04:02 AM
thanks for the info tiger.. let me know if you get a chance to campare the drummer and sound differences. I dont know about gutting out my air box (07 xb12r) because I heard they made a change in it this year. Sounds stupid but does re-routing the crankcase vent tube create a better intake air flow? What is this mod?

MrOrange
04-13-2007, 10:43 PM
has anyone re-routed the crankcase ventilation tubes ??

I Teed them together and ran the 3/8 vinyl tube down the left side of the frame, about where the fuel scupper drain goes. I had to make a hole in the plastic under the seat, left forward side so it could follow the scupper drain. I've had it like that for 250 miles now with no problems. No noticeable oil loss or blow by.

v12tiger
04-14-2007, 03:06 AM
Did you use a breather filter or a catch can ?? and if so.. what and where did you get it ?

mezap
04-14-2007, 10:05 PM
HAGJ74: Did you put a control module on your bike as well, or just the exhaust? I have been considering changing mine, but I get kinda skiddish about the ECM. I am definitely a "ain't broke don't fix it" kind of guy, but its nice to have that growl. How much did you have to do to get that Drummer working?

MrOrange
04-15-2007, 02:25 AM
v12tiger, I ran the tube straight down and vented it overboard, it is about 3 feet long or so. I have not seen any evidence of oil coming out of the tube as of yet. I took the tube off the bike earlier tonight after a good long ride at high speeds to see if any oil had become trapped--none found. I had thought about buying a catch can but they are pricy and I don't ride on a track.

HagJ74
04-15-2007, 02:27 AM
So far I have only installed the Drummer. Immediately heard and felt a difference. Runs a bit smoother, easier to control during take off, and is a real head turner. I do plan on changing to a race ecm and getting my tps reset. Just waiting to do it at the sametime I do my 1000 mile service. If anyone else has knowledge if there is a big difference between the Drummer with stock ecm vs. race ecm, let us know. I will say, the Drummer is definately worth the $400.

mezap
04-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Cool beans HagJ74. Thanks for the info...

mrdozer2you
04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
I just got a Jardine. Very, very loud. Easy install, much faster than I had thought. I put on a servo emulator at the same time. Seems to run fine, a little decel backfiring. I talked with Jardine and they said take my bike and run it at 3500 rpms or so for about 5 minutes(highway etc.) This will re train the stock ecm and should clear up any issues, but he said their pipes do pop a bit.