PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Uly Stumble at Low Load

shabangles
03-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I have a 2007 Uly with the Buell race kit (pre EBR ecm) and it started acting up over the last week. This bike has a little bit of history from a few years ago when the wiring harness was shorted out and the computer was fried by my local dealer during another repair. The wiring harness has been repaired and the computer replaced and I have ridden the bike about 2500 miles since the repairs were made. While I was fixing the wiring harness I went ahead and added two additional ground connections between the battery and engine and the battery and ecm ground location. The bike has been running great but had a slight miss between 2900 and 3000 rpm, but over the last two weekends it started acting much worse.

After riding the bike for a little while at low throttle inputs (25 mph stop and go) it is starting to miss and try to stall out when I take off. The idle gets very rough and the bike has trouble taking off from a stop. I have not had a chance to hook ECMSPY up again, but it feels like the bike is running rich. When it starts acting up I can let the bike idle for about 5 minutes and it will fix itself. The idle starts out very rough and you can smell that it is running rich, but it gets better in stages and after a few minutes it will run perfect again. The bike did this to me twice yesterday and once last weekend, but has run great otherwise.

I originally though this was an O2 sensor issue, but the fact that the bike will fix itself at idle is throwing me off. Has anyone else had a similar issue with the race ecm?

The bike already has the NGK Irridium plugs and the breather reroute.

Thanks

Stevenc150
03-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Check you're plugs for sure & your grounds to be sure they're all tight, may be as simple as replacing/fixing them. (Be sure to use the DCPR9EIX plugs.) Also, it can't hurt to do a TPS reset followed up with a nice Learn-in cruise. The Permanent fix, would be to follow-up all that with some Datalogging or Dyno time for a Custom mapping.