PDA

View Full Version : 03 blast stalling issue

samcro
03-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Bought a 03 Buell w/ 3000 miles recently and decided to take it out last weekend because of the fair weather. Put on about 200 miles on it over the weekend and on the ride home, going about 70 mph, she bogged down to a stop. It sounded as if I hit the engine kill switch. Pulled over, and checked the essentials: gas, oil, anything weird, nothing. Started back up and got back up to speed, everything seemed fine, and the same thing happened. Luckily I was only a few miles from my place so I pushed the bike/drove until it died till I got home. I have been researching this issue pretty hard the last few days. Sounds like changing the intake boot coupler would be the first thing to do. I know the part # but where is the best place to order? Any other advice, things I could check etc? Thanks so much.

ezblast
03-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Check your tank vent line, for kinks and clogs, check for loose plug, or loose plug wire, check das boot and and if all is good, start to suspect your ignition.

EZ

BuellyBagger
03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
check grounds... and that/\

iceblast
03-18-2012, 08:46 PM
I just had my tank off for irridium upgrade, shiming needle and cleaning the carb. My blast is doing exactly what samcro is describing. Will check those two things and post results as soon as I have time to check it out.

iceblast
04-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Floatbowl needed adjusting. Runs good at the moment.

pierce
04-27-2012, 06:39 AM
I second and third EZ.

You can double check by running with your fuel cap cracked open to help vent. IF that solved it, run a new vent line, or unclog your existing one. Do everything else he says, and then if that doesn't help I also concur that I would start looking at my ignition.

Lil Wing
06-12-2012, 04:28 PM
I had this same problem a little while back (coupled with some other stuff).
The culprit? The crappy spark plug wire. Though it would stay on the plug, well, most of the time, it was really loose. It would bounce around, especially at high speeds when the bike is vibrating a lot, and kill the bike. One day I replaced it, and it stopped. Best of luck