03-14-2012, 05:14 AM
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT Sport-touring bike
$8000, I have the title
Located in Southwest Louisiana

14,800 miles
1203cc engine is stock, no mods
I bought used from HD dealer with only 116 miles
Amsoil engine oil and filters used since purchase
About 600 miles on the current set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 front and rear.
Headlight modulator installed
Brake light modulator installed
Bike comes with 3 cases, top case shown in photo and side cases not shown.
Side cases have a few scuffs from swinging leg over. Left side case open limiting strap broke because I let the case fall open full of clothes. Fixed with a few zip-ties and it works fine.
Heated grips are standard issue. The bike has a plug for heated clothing or a battery charger, but I have never used it.
Tank is 4.4 gal. and will get you average of ~150-160 miles before the fuel light comes on. Plenty of range for anyone's butt! Stock seat is actually very comfy for stock. The different contour from front to back allows for changing pressure areas frequently.
Most people looking at Buells already know all about the bikes. If you don't let me know.
This is not a collector's bike. It has been ridden, which was the reason for purchase. I made 3 trips to Arkansas about 1500 miles each and several day rides around home but many of the miles are just from riding 80 miles round trip to work. It has normal wear, nothing excessive, and has not been abused. It's been ridden in the rain when necessary, although not preferred and kept inside my shop. This bike has been a good bike, my second Buell. Easy to make long trips on and still be able to enjoy a fun to ride bike.
Only problem with this bike, and I don't know that causes it, sometimes, not all the time, when you hit the start button the starter struggles to turn over the engine. When it does that I let off and hit the started again and it turns fine. HD service checked this for me and changed some electrical part. They did not say the starter was malfunctioning. Installing the new battery in March 2012 has helped very much, but a couple times this has happened and it is always the first start after a long sit.

This is the only place I'm listing at this time. I know Buell owners are loyal. I have enjoyed both of my bikes. Don't really want to let go, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1362_20120313231132_L.jpghttp://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1362_20120313231055_L.jpg

uly luigi
03-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Nice bike, I have the '08, I think you might be a little high on the asking price tho, unless you aren't looking for a quick sale

highpocket74
03-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Something else I will consider is trade for a Polaris ranger Rzr 800 (50" wide) of equal value and condition. That is what I would buy if the Buell sales. Something to do with the whole family. I rode dirt long before the street.

Email contact link (brian.young@levingston.com)

highpocket74
05-09-2012, 03:16 PM
$7500 to a responsible Buell owner.

highpocket74
05-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Update on bike:

Currently 15,700 miles on the odometer and 3,000 miles on the Michelins but it's unnoticable. Sorry about that incorrect tire mileage. These tires are holding up very well. That's half the life of any other rear tire I've tried!

I decided in march to try and sell the bike, not that I really want to. The wife has been liking it less and less until finally last week a friend took a nasty spill on our way to Texas hill country. Well, others have gone down with me and that didn't affect her too much, but this one did because it is a relative. Although I have never wrecked we decided after this to sell the bike, while our kids are still young, and hopefully get another later down the road. Until then I'll try to find a more family oriented hobby, like our ATV's. Really hate to sell my bike because it works perfectly for the riding I do.

Current photos:
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1362_20120509231648_L.jpg
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1362_20120509231839_L.jpg

Miami78
05-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Great looking Uly...if I wasn't broke as hell right now I'd buy it, I want one for the 300 miles I commute every week.

Currently 15,700 miles on the odometer and 3,000 miles on the Michelins but it's unnoticable. Sorry about that incorrect tire mileage. These tires are holding up very well. That's half the life of any other rear tire I've tried!

I have 15.5k miles on the set of pilot road 2's on my Ss and they still have a good bit of life left. I figure I'll change them out at 20k whther they need it or not. Great tires, without a doubt will be getting them (or the road 3's) again.[up]

highpocket74
07-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Lowered price to $6500.

highpocket74
11-12-2012, 12:48 PM
SOLD!

Bike found a new, enthusiastic owner Sat., not to far from home.

03Firebolt9R
11-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Congrats on the sale.