PDA

View Full Version : Blast 2009?

seth
09-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey, new member here, hope to stay if I get my hands on a blast of my own. I went to the Harley dealership today in order to look into buying a new Blast, however the sales rep told me Buell is not making the Blast in 2009. Is this true? It is still on their website... any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

BuellPartsGuy
09-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Not true. We have a couple of them.

FIDOSOL
09-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Hey Seth, your dealer is just hoping you'll convert to a Harley, what a tool/douche bag or as I like to call em' BagO'Douche... Go to another dealer...

Oh BTW, you're dealer is full of crap, they are still making/selling the Buell Blast in 09. Maybe you could have BPG call and straighten your harley guy out.

RHYNOXB9R
09-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Go to another dealer and get an 09'brochure for the Blast.Then go back to the salesperson and ask him to explain himself;):p

seth
09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Haha okay... I have contacted another dealer and he says they are currently on backorder for him. I am going to get on a waiting list... hope it doesn't take 12 months like my last vehicle purchase!

chadprepton
09-08-2008, 01:54 AM
I doubt they would have it on backorder. This is the most popular bike for Buell. I bet if you look around you could find a 08' still on the floor or someone trying to sell one with low miles on them. I would recommend the latter as you can save a lot of cash but just make sure theres not a ton of damage from people dropping it :).

seth
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
"I doubt they would have it on backorder. This is the most popular bike for Buell."
This is why there would be a backorder, right?? Anyways, the ETA is 3 weeks. I don't want to go used simply because I do not trust independent sellers who are not accountable for duping someone like me who knows nothing about how a motorcycle works. Plus they are usually not more than $800 cheaper.

FIDOSOL
09-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Go with what works for you, new might just be better for you because it will give you a chance to find out how it (the motorcycle) runs and is supposed to run. Also there is this wonderful thing that I've read about online somewhere

WARRANTY!!!!

But if you buy new make sure the salesman is giving you exactly what you want, don't settle for anything less.

Thaloc
09-09-2008, 04:36 PM
why not got for the XB9SX? I think anyone who is going to be a semi-serious rider would outgrow a Blast in about 45 minuts. You could prolly get an 08Xb9SX for less than 7.5

FIDOSOL
09-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey Thaloc, I was on a 250 dirtbike for years, 2.5 year hiatus from riding, got my XB9SX and it was too much bike for me for the first few months. If I wasn't from a family that rides alot and had already told me to learn the bike first I would have probably wrecked it. Just my 2 cents, you can always trade it in later on something else if you want to. Besides, there are plenty of mods out there for the blast to make it plenty of bike for him.

Thaloc
09-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Eh...Its all rider. This is only my second year riding street,and iv road this entire season on my 12R. If your going to ride casually on the weekends, and take ur car to work daily..buy a blast. If you want to actually ride, then get your moneys worth and get something that will last u more than half a season. This is no offence to anyone who rides a Blast, but to me its a bike like a ninja 250.. u start a 16 year old on it, and its OK if it goes down a couple times, scratches/dents/scuffs who cares it only cost 4k brand new. But its not a bike any semi-serious rider will ride(Enjoyably) for more than a season. Just my opinion though, im prepared to get flamed by Blast riders for this post:p

FIDOSOL
09-09-2008, 05:56 PM
You gotta keep in mind, not everyone rides the same, I wouldn't be happy on a blast. But there are other people that would, Oh BTW I've only driven a car to work 1 time in the past 3 months now...and that was because my motorcycle key decided to play hide and seek with me:D

ezblast
09-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Thaloc - you too funny - next you'll want to tell us about your last race vs the Blast Superbike - its a single dude - get over yourself - can you make a Blast quick - up to a certain speed - yes - can you make it handle the twisties as good as any Buell made - been proven true by countless riders - my personal experience also shows this to be true - the XB is a terrific bike, however, there was a reason Blasts where the only Buell not allowed to compete with the XB's on a Battle Trax Field - and thats because in the hands of an experienced rider, they had the better chance of winning - power is not everything and if you think so you definitely own the wrong bike - period.
EZ

ezblast
09-10-2008, 04:17 AM
Well, our local paper here in Milwaukee (home of Harley, keep that in mind before ripping me a new one) profiled the 1125cr, or the "muscle", new for 09. It also reported that Buell is going to be getting rid of 2 undisclosed models. Kinda makes ya wonder, if lack of 09 info if the blast is 1 of em being discontinued.

From another board.

EZ

chadprepton
09-11-2008, 02:20 PM
It wouldn't make any sense for Buell to take the blast out of its line up. It's been the best selling bike they have ever made and they also its the bike the rider's edge uses.

I've talked to my dealer and they have an 09' on the floor and the site shows the 09' blast.
Oh and Thaloc, this is one of those Buell riders that owns a Blast and rides it 50 miles a days, including work and weekends :)

Thaloc
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Thaloc - you too funny - next you'll want to tell us about your last race vs the Blast Superbike - its a single dude - get over yourself
As I said I was prepared to get flamed a little, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you guys are happy with your Blast, and think they'll keep you satisfied for multiple season..great! U saved a ****-load more money than I did on my 08 XB12R. But if you think you can group up with some sportbike riders and ride the twisties and actually keep up you are mistaken. The Blast is a beginners bike and is advertised as such.
Blasts where the only Buell not allowed to compete with the XB's on a Battle Trax Field - and thats because in the hands of an experienced rider, they had the better chance of winning and I would have to disagree with you there, Im pretty sure any XB would have taken that event in any situation. Anyhow sorry to have offended any Blast riders, I just think that people should get there moneys worth and felt my opinion for potential Buell buyer could be valued. I dont want him to buy a Blast, outgrow it in 45 minuts and be turned off Buells forever. Any responcible adult could pick up a CityX ride safe and within their own limits and not spill it. FLAME ON!!!

mtripb
09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
OK, watch out - I'm taking the gloves off for this one! :p

I have a Blast and I love it, had it since June. However - I do dream about the 09 xb12scg in blue(maybe in 2010). I would love to have more power to keep up with the 12s on the straight-aways, but it keeps up with the best of them through the turns, and for me that's where it counts (you just may have to lean off the bike a little to avoid scraping the pegs all the time).

If this is your first bike - a used Blast would be my recommendation especially since you can find them for pretty inexpensive, this way if you do feel the need to move up, it won't hurt your wallet as bad.

ezblast
09-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Thaloc - come to the Bay area - bring some money - we can do a nice cafe run from the top of 35/90 to Alices, or from Alices to 17 via 35, or even just a nice stroll down hwy 9, any of the three routes has you in my pocket - be prepared to be dusted - your attitude shows me you know very little about Buells - and an XB9 is just a city bike by your thinking - must then be equivalent to a Blast -
As for the Battle Trax - wrong again - the real winners where mostly the guys with Supermotos converted from enduros, then the Blast, then the XBs, then the Tubers - only times allowed in the competition though where the Tubers and the XBs, since they where trying to demostrate the better handling of the XB over the Tuber though a few Tuber riders still proved otherwise - lol - new comers - sheesh - know nothing and prove it constantly - you live in FL, IA or someplace with no real twisties? Cause I figured even a new XB rider would know that power has nothing to do with the twisties - only skill - and the Blast is all about developing skill.
Sorry - no real flames just sadness to see such density.
EZ

Thaloc
09-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Actually Im from Fresno and L.A. and know those routes pretty well, if you think your blast will keep with my XB12R u might just see my taillight shrinking in your vision soon, as I plan a trip down the 101 either this fall or next spring. I live in Washington State currently and other than some of the 101 coastline has some of the best twisties iv ever experienced. Ya im new to Buells and maybe my post shows it, but if you honestly think that your blast could keep with me dude your talking above ur head. I concider myself a very good rider, and even if you were a motoGP racer your bike just doesnt have what it takes to keep up. Same way when I ride with my R1 and Ducati buddies they pull away in the straight aways. Only I would pull away from you in the corners and the straight aways. I think maybe ur the one that needs to get over urself, and if your cash flow is so prevelant and your skills so elite maybe you should upgrade off the weakest bike in the Buell line. And I dont say every XB9 is a city bike, just as Buell says, I meant the XB9 CityX. Maybe drop ur email addy and I'll send ya a note when I start to make my way down Oregon/Nor.Cal, so start saving.
~1~

ezblast
09-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Cool - 9 or Alice to 17 via 35 - I don't think I'll be seeing any tail lights soon though - and since you live in that area - I know some folks there that race Blasts regularly at Willows, I'm sure you'd love their tail lights as well - let me know and I'll hook you up for some real twisties - no sweepers need apply - lol - on the freeways like hwy1 & 101 where its just scenic sweepers - thats for cruisers - your very right - but in places where the posted speed is between 15 to 35 mph - I think I got you, and I just described those 3 routes to a T - lol - I'm just an average rider who knows what it takes to do those goat trails - I've seen guys with 125cc supermotos who would take both our pinks on those roads without even trying - power is not everything - in the roads I ride - there are no straights - when I get old and senile I'll ride those roads on a Glide.
EZ

paerez
09-18-2008, 01:45 PM
back to the original topic...

I went to a dealership near me and they didn't think there were any 09 blasts either. It's because the 09 Blasts are not in the 09 Buell brochure, even though they are making them and they're on the website.

I had read this thread before going up there, so I gave him my info and told him to call me after he finds out if he can get his hands on some blasts. Hopefully I'll have a nice new 09 blast in no time :-D

ezblast
09-18-2008, 02:40 PM
The 09's are a part of a recall - they are now coming out.
EZ