PDA

View Full Version : FWD Flush mount turn signals for a XB12R

B_Brad
04-13-2007, 12:18 AM
I was curious to see if anyone had installed flush mount turn signals on the front fairing of a XB12R. I want to get some flush mounts and just wanted to hear what type of brands that had been used and what kind of problems were encountered. If anyone knows of a good set of flush mounts, let us hear about it.

v12tiger
04-13-2007, 03:03 AM
I haven't found any flush mount FWD's anywhere. But still looking. Someone help

07xb12rblack
04-13-2007, 04:11 AM
I made some out of those windshield wiper squirters. Pics in do-it-yourself mods under license plate relocation.. I think.. Easy mod but I did have to purchase a load equalizer ($30)

B_Brad
04-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey Guys, I e-mailed clear alternatives http://www.clearalternatives.com/ about FWD flush mount turn signals. Seems like they might be willing to manufacture if there is enough interest to cover the cost. Check out the e-mail below if you would like some flush mounts say so and maybe we get them to check-out this thread. I think I will post this on bad weather bikers also.

don't know of any solutions at this time. the cost of tooling is several thousand just for the mold and a minimum of 100 units would need to be produced just to get the project off the ground. we would need pretty conclusive evidence that this would be a high demand product.

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:27:43 -0700 (PDT), Brad Andrade wrote
> Hello, I am the owner of a Buell XB12R. I recently asked on a internet forum about flush mount turn signals for the Buell Firebolt model. After much discussion it seems that there is no manufacture of FWD flush mount turn signals. There were numerous people interested in a good pair that could be adapted easily. The main problem is that the front fairing is attached using the stud form the front turn signals. If you know of any product that you make that would work for this application please inform me. If not this would be a big hit that could be worth the time and effort to produce.
>
> Brad Andrade
>
>

erkblack
06-11-2007, 07:32 PM
i found a set at a yamaha dealer that will bolt on to where the stock mirrors go. just ordered bar end mirrors and will let you all know the name when o pic them up later this week

chaser
08-23-2008, 03:02 AM
ok b_brad so what is it that you want us today, do we all e-mail him or fill something out if there is sign me up