PDA

View Full Version : You always remember you FIRST - Advice thoughts on Remote - unattendanded purchase

jeepnh
03-24-2012, 07:40 AM
I really tried to do my Due Diligence and 'help myself' searching through other forums - Purchase Advice - etc, could not find anything related, sorry,

Anyway, I found a Buell <3k mi, in SE FL. I live in NH, everything seems 'right' but it'll have to be a remote / sight-unseen purchase.

Need advice/thoughts on:

1) Inspection: I can commission a local Harley dealer, to do a 'Safety Inspection',
I'm thoughtful about frame, trans, engine.
General condition, A1+ or D- ...

2) Arranging document exchange:
Payment
Title
Bill of Sale

3) Shipping

Feel free to email
jeepnhusa@yahoo.com

THX

Timeless
03-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Just wait for something closer. Shipping a bike from FL to NH is gonna be over $500 and you're taking on unnecessary risk. Just be patient and the right bike will show up.

uly luigi
03-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Yeh, I don't think I would do it, but, we have a lot of members in Fla, if one them would step up and inspect for you, free of course, or maybe gas money if it is a drive, I might consider it

jeepnh
03-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks to Timeless and Luigi (a fellow Pisan?)for thoughts.
The Florida Buell in my OP is an XT, the right year and miles and I seem to be fixated, I can handle transport, money etc, I'm just looking for thoughts on arranging the basic transaction: Title, Bill-of-sale, & payment, without being there in person. Thoughts?

mjp5318
03-25-2012, 06:04 AM
there is my bike if interested .. I think Im closer ? lol

http://www.buellxb.com/Buells-for-Sale/Buell-Firebolts-for-Sale/04-xb12r--Toying-with-idea-of-selling-.

BuellyBagger
03-25-2012, 06:20 AM
I'd have a hard time doing a remote purchase. I am a very particular person. That comes from my job a bit i suppose (a good painter should be particular). I was pondering this very thing when a man from Austin TX purchased the '67 VW beetle cabrio that i restored, site un seen (@least in person) It sold for around 10k. I just cant imagine spending so much $ on something i didnt get to personally inspect. I could do it on a new car or a very close to new car or bike, but i dont know about used.

I would suggest that if u r very interested in purchasing it that u get as many large clear photos as u possibly can. Have someone that u can trust in the area do an inspection (maybe find a local forum member). Also try and set up a return aggreement where if u arent satisfied with the condition of the bike that its in righting that u will return it for ur $ minus some sort of deposit or good will fee for tieing up the sale.

Generally when our dealership does these type on transactions, cashiers check is sent for the vehicle and as soon as the check clears we mail the title and give notice to the transport company that the vehicle is ready for pick up. I suppose theres a small window there where u just have to have faith that ur not being screwed.

BuellyBagger
03-25-2012, 06:23 AM
nice bike mike BTW

Thaloc
03-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Ahhh She was a petite lil blonde with a nice set of...... Oh wrong"first"

As others said, I would find what ur looking for a bit closer to home and save urself a ton of hassle.

-J

buellbradski
03-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Might be able to find someone here to check it out for you maybe?
If i were you id look more in your area. What exactly are you looking for? There are a few bikes on here hell ive found great deals om here 30 mins from my house! You just need to be patient, pics can hide alot. I wouldnt by sight unseen. The money you save on shipping would be better spent on a niccer bike.
I can keep a eye out if i know what your looking for there are always a few on cl and im in ny so not to far.

Glwp

Bossanova
03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Where in SE Florida is the bike? Someone here in Miami or Ft Lauderdale could go look it over for you. I'm in North Miami.

edit:

Is this it? Link (http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/2875469858.html)

jeepnh
04-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Please stand up and join me in a 'Tip of the Visor' to Four-Star-General - Bossanovan!
Great guy and I'd like to consider him a lifelong friend.
Allen 'played one forward' and at the very least,
I own him one, Thanks, Allen.
Long story/short, to many emails,
Scan the thread, per buellbradski's thought,
Allen stepped in to help me with a sight unseen and remote paperwork, looked, Spooky !! purchase, so now
I'm a new Bueller, 2010 XT, 2,000mi. Yeay!

Back story, my dad passed away and I was arranging a Military Nation Honor Guard ceremony, so the purchase deal got turned upside down, but stars aligned, and Life 2.0 moves on,...... on a Buell now.

This is really about Allen and this community, thanks.

By way of introduction,
I'm a lifetime motorcycle guy, but new to Buell. I used to road race : Superbikes and Formula bikes at Daytona, Riverside Calif, Loudon NH, Nelson Ledges, etc, mostly endurance Road Racing.
Toys /interests include my 427 Cobra kit car, built in 1981 driven every year since :-)
A 455 Vista Cruiser, ( Home Depot hot rod, just because, also can't explained it, but chicks LOVE IT)
Really digging my XB-XT!

JOEL9
04-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Right on Bossanova[up] way to step up. and welcome jeepnh. be sure to post a pic.

Burton
04-30-2012, 09:33 AM
You're the man Bossanova!

Post some pics of the bike!

Bossanova
05-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Steve it was my pleasure and it was good talking to you. [up]