PDA

View Full Version : Reflextions upon the combatants+/-

sinpieces
09-09-2008, 09:58 AM
For all that matters. I've been judging the 1125R pretty hard. In the nearest future i am trying to arrange a test between KTM RC8, Superduke and Buell 1125R. Also will test, freely, the Moto Morini Corsaro Veloce.
What is nice about the 1125R in my opinion, is the riding position which actually helps voiding more air and also it feels slightly touring friendly where the Japs and (probably) RC8 is offering a more forward "hang over the bar" approach. I am mainly trying to keep focus on a bike that is fun, but also more user friendly in the long run.
The 1125CR i am not sure about. I guess it would be comunicative to learn it better. It will not be possible now though, since it is not relased over here. Now that i have not yet experinced this 3-some test, I wonder? Anyone with real reflexions?...
or just ideas, opinions, questions or anything inbetween about these bikes?

Let us talk!

sinpieces
09-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Hm, not an easy statement, this one. I did test the Buell as the last of them. Second time i rode it.First time was in April. It was a higher degree of disappointment on this occasion tha the first. It absolutely nothing against RC8. The upgrades Buell released for the 1125R of 2008 was all done. The bike is not good at low rpm, the steering is not hard or difficult, but it does not feel ok. It is as a it's not moving along completely free. The injection is not so good. In fixed rpms the bike run uneven. My buell with an old sportster engine maight do it, but not a new and so important product as this. In high speeds the bike run better than on low rpms. It has a more low and cramped cockpit than RC8. RC8 on the other hand, had the better cockpit of likes, like Gixxer, Fireblade, 1125R, R1.
The RC8 was as i expected. It had a very muscular handling and the throttel was a little like on/off, in especially first and second gear. It was way better on low rpms than the 1125R. Though the feel of rpms need was present the bike behave quite well. The Jap bikes have a more linear way on every occasion, it is just so. What Japs do is plain clinical. Actually i believe there are two schools. Jap lovers might hate Buell and not liking he RC8 and SD. For us, the Ktm is very very good. RC8 is more emotional in it's outbursts. I don't say all wil accept the throttel in RC8. For me the bike had an inbuilt sense and a nature. Maybe V-twins are sex, and emotion - more so now (for me) than i new before? I have been sniffing at the Japs, but as mentioned, i have noticed they al are so clincal. Like food made for all in the age of 5 and 85.
To be afriad of going deeper, and offending, leaving an imprint that is rock steady - it does not seem to be the Jap way!?

The RC8 more than the Superduke invited to harder driving, more so than keeping pace with the plain traffic. Good or bad? Politicans have sent us more cops at the road, even more for 2009, more lasers, more cameras. The insurance are going sky high. It's plain madness ridng roads like a speed holigan.

Jap VS V-twin.
All i can say, if you have driven sportbikes and also the BUELL XB models. Are you still feeling sportbike is the way, do sway the RC8 and feel it. The quality at 1125R was like China (Taiwan). I just did not want to realize the first time i tried it out. The RC8 is way more quality - no question. The RC8 engine run better, that is fact.
Superduke... nice. Not an animal as i've seen some reporters stating. It was very nice, the RC8 was more brute. The Superduke disappointed in one area. I maxed out the second and third gear in the city. The power increase was felt also teh acceleration compaired to Buell XB. But i could easy use all power and i wanted more. The bike will surely please most of you cause it was comfy and ran very well.
Above 6000 rpm the SD show gutt and go all the way untill it craves another gear. Just hit the throttel.
I felt like sitting very high when i rode it, an impression i that i never managed to get away from. The bike went were i pointed though and no nervous twitchyness noticed.
SD is really nice, i like it raw now - SO!
Again, what was impressing was RC8. I love that bike.

If you like to level with me or ask of that, what i've noticed. Just ask away. Maybe all of you can't try these out. For what it matters i have played my Buell 2 years now. Two three weeks ago i rode Fireblade and B-king.
B-king is a monster and much more funny than Fireblade. Acceleration is plain insane an dthe bike feels smaller than it is when driving it.

Well, what do you say Buellers? Anyone any opinions on bikes?
Let us talk here, imprints?

Thaloc
09-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I havn't even been on a RC8 but im already in love with that bike. im pretty sure that when the 2010 riding season starts ill be on one, my only thought is whether ill be trading my xb12r in on it. I dont think i can ever get rid of my Buell, but im not made of money. But ill hold my desire and opinions back till I get to test ride one. Thanx for the ur input Sin.

Anyone have en educated guess on the msrp of the RC8? Seems most ppl are basing their guess off the $15k msrp of the SuperDuke.

And you cant even reserve on in the U.S.:([down][mad][confused][mad][sad][smirk][down][down]

sinpieces
09-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Gosh, i can't manage to edit that bad spelling. I hope you can read between the lines. Sorry! I just came home here. I am about to leave for a few beers and some stronger stuff. I need it, after that experience. Money money money always funny, in a poor mans world. I can't sway a new loan. I am on halt, for years[mad]

Thaloc
09-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Who can get a new loan these days...

sinpieces
09-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Hey Thal, maybe that's for the best also!
It's an expensive hobby, looking at the scene. Bikes that handle real high speed and frankly ment to go fast. The goverment invest in secure driving (lowered speed limits), low polution means higher taxes (ah, that's the favourite receipy). Cops are during 2009 ment to focus more at common road users.
More manual laser scannings, being more present at the roads, we also await higher insurances (a big increase during 2009).
Maybe we all should buy a bike with low power and lots of weight running on farts only:D
Well, i might sound cynical and that is just about what i am. I wish i was a superb driver. Then i would buy a bike fast as hell. Refues to pay any insurances and drive as a holigan from hell. Or maybe, that grandpa style is more easy on me in the long run! Did i tell you my name? Mr.Goof Ambivalent.

dave_xb12r
09-13-2008, 09:32 AM
You cant reserve RC8 through KTM, but you can reserve one at a dealership. I asked the other day. They said they plan on hitting the floors Dec or Jan. I love the RC8, but its only good for 2 things...... creating a big crowd of bike fans, and hauling ass around a track. I don't think it's going to practical for everyday riding. Would I take one? Hell yeah! Would I buy one? Hell no. $18k? thats crazy talk!

sinpieces
09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Interesting, is it not so that Superduke R cost about $18700 in the states (i was told so and it did sound absurd)? Now you say the RC8 cost $18k?
Well, that can't be right, the SD R price i got must be wrong. I just talked to a very well informed dealer. The SD-R has obviously a clearly notable effect increase over the plain Superduke. The 08 SD-R has new ported heads and a new cam. Also Akra headers as original. It is really pre-built for the Akra silencers (+ Akra map). Complete, with Akra silencers and a remapping, the bike gains a few extra hp. So, all in all we might talk 10hp at the rear wheel (or more) (SD VS SD-R 2008 models only)!?

sinpieces
09-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Weird, i tried to edit "ACCESS DENIED" well here is the rest.

I guess it would be bad news for me driving at RC8.
It's a bomb you know!
Where would that end. Oh, the venom will not be released during 2009. The dealer that informed me says it will not be before 2010 +.
So, since KTM launch new steet models in the winter, i assume that the earliest date will be winter 2009. KTM will release the RC8 R before the Venom. The RC8 R will probably come now, in winter 2008. They run the RC8 now, probably so that they don't release 2 models (RC8 + Venom) with the same problem. That is, if it proves to be any child diceases in the RC8.

The SD did run very well. Actually a little better than RC8. I guess the SD-R will kick ass. I would start with a new lowered bar and barend mirrors for that bike. RC8 and Venom will have same insurance levels which are the highest in my part of the world. The SD-R is ok to fully insure, the RC8 and likes is impossible. Only traffic insurance since the costs are so high. I want to point out, that the Superduke R was not avaible when i did my test driving, only Superduke (plain). SD-R does not allow passengers, a single person bike only. Also, it can be discussed about the looks of it. I sense it address younger persons. Venom is probably striking. It will probably blow the 1125CR off the scene. Buell needs to do better. Quality is not good, no more china quality. Only gripe with that naked (Venom) is and will be insurance levels.

Thaloc
09-13-2008, 05:24 PM
I like the RC8R much better than the Venom. Those raised bars really throw off the body lines imo.

keisersozae
09-13-2008, 05:49 PM
i heard 23k for the rc8. 18k sounds better to me.

sinpieces
09-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey Thal,

since i began riding with the 0 degree clip on for the XB/s, ever since i can't handle the upjacked naked bike typical bars. If i opted for a Venom, i would , just as i would with any of the Superdukes, change bar directly. You know, i used 2 different LSL bars before i went clip on. I guess the streetbar 00 (lowest) was better for me than the superbike bar.

RC8 offers another degree of wind protection over the Venom. But word is, many wait for this Venom bike. I just freakin hate that these nakeds, (Venom, 1125CR) will get the highest insurance level. Atleast, that is what i have been informed (i hope it is faulty).
The Ducce s4rs, Moto Morini Corsaro Veloce and MV Agusta Brutale line does not (not over here). That is weird, looking at type of bike, weight and power. These numbers are so close at these bikes.

The above statement of $23k, that sounds about correct if $18700 is SD-R's price tag.