PDA

View Full Version : Anything i should know while putting my blast back together?

kyle1080p
04-02-2012, 08:24 AM
I tore my 02 blast down to the frame about a month ago and am about ready to start putting it back together when i get my frame back from powder coating (fluorescent orange), is there aything special i should know about putting it all back together? Are there any bolts that i shouldnt reuse and what about all the torque specs? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

wolfo68
04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
I know someone had a pdf of the manual a little bit ago offering to send copies.

But most importantly check the blinker fluid.

allen77360
04-02-2012, 12:43 PM
never downloaded from them but i did upload it.

http://www.filedropper.com/2002blastmanual

pierce
04-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Blinker fluid? Ha ha - awesome. Tell me more about that wolf I think I need to check my blinker fluid as well.

Ok, do not reuse any head bolts - that includes the two bolts that are attached to the engine mount:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/01-P3-500-Buell-Blast-engine-motor-mount-bracket-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqNHJBsE7yp0EOW-BPB)cp8YeQ~~60_35.JPG

Use oil, and loctite on them and torque them to spec. This is very important. Also, If you removed the four engine mount bolts in the rear, order new oem bolts from buell. Do not just replace any of these with grade 8 bolts. They have improved these bolts over the years because of breakage so you need to order them all from Harley. Also use oil and loctite as speciied in the manual and torque like hell (spec is crazy). You also should order the engine mount kit L1501.T - the new isolator with updated standoffs. You will have to order the center bolt from Buell, but the two outer bolts can be simply replaced with grade 8 parts (washer and lockwasher locknut or something. Other than that, you could reuse most other bolts.

kyle1080p
04-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Ok good i already had bought that mount kit from harley here, only ran 22$ so not bad at all. I'll have to go back and order that long bolt that goes through it, s the two bolts that go through the back of the frame to bolt it to the motor mount are ok to replace with grade 8 but not the ones that hold the mount to the motor? I'll try to geta picture if yor not sure what im talking about