PDA

View Full Version : New Buell XB12Ss Owner

stevensue
04-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Just bought a new 2006 Buell Lightning Long. Love the bike already. Last year at the Buell Demo Days I rode the Ulysses. Loved it, but the wife said no, she likes the comfy Concours (ZG1000). This year at the Demo Days I rode the Lightning Long and bought a 2006 the dealer had on the showroom floor. It had 400 miles on it, never titled, so I got the full 2 years warranty. I bought it for $9000. So basically saved $1500. Got great dealer perks, $50 off service, 15% off parts/accessories, 2 free T-shirts, etc. Look forward to many happy miles. :D Keeping the Concours too for "family rides".

Leathercash
04-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Whoa, good deal. I just bought my 2004 xb12S Lightning two months ago, and I have alot of trouble staying off of it :) I slapped a dual race exhuast and race chip-set and holy crap she can growl!!! Congrats on the bike steve,enjoy!![cool]

NOMORE4s4ME
04-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Nice. I got pretty much the same deal on my Buell xb12s. Although ever since I bought the things its been freezing here in MD so I've ridden one full day and a half hour after work another. Its has afforded me the opportunity to tinker though. This weekend I ride if the suns out, regardless of the temp. I cant wait any longer.

mrdozer2you
04-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Nice, I have the same one as well. Any mods planned?? I put a Jardine can on and its pretty loud now. Oh btw, dont know if the daler told ya about locking the handlebars. Be very careful to make sure it is on the lock setting and not the accessory setting just past the lock part on your ignition. I locked my bars the other day at work and came out at the end of the day and my battery was dead :( Dont even know why that thing is even on the ignition? Oh well lesson learned i guess

NOMORE4s4ME
04-18-2007, 05:51 PM
I almost did that the first day I had my bike. Its a useless function. When would you ever use that? I want to buy the Jardine pipe this spring just to replace the stock pipe with something better sounding(cost reasons), and replace the entire system with the micron headers and pipe next season. Did you replace the ECM? Is it running too lean?

maybebuell
04-18-2007, 08:46 PM
steve how tall are you...does the ulysses have more leg room then the long

mrdozer2you
04-19-2007, 01:28 PM
The leg room is not better on the long...the only difference is the swingarm, its 2" longer. Which will make the seat a bit longer. Nicer for riding a passenger.

Doesnt seem to run lean, it pops a bit on deceleration, but the more I ride it the less it seems to do it. I guess its the ecm re-programming itself, getting the air fuel right. I thought about getting a race ecm, but i've heard that the stock ecm will re-train itself. So I figured I would stay with the stock and see how it goes, and so far it seems to be working. Im pretty happy with the Jardine, the audio files on americansportbike.com dont do it justice. It is really loud, my neighbors have already complained. I may get the silencer because I leave in the mornings around 6am. But then again their dog whines and barks constantly so I probably will leave it loud.

stevensue
04-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Sorry for the delay in responses! Have been out riding! I don't plan any mods until I have a few thousand miles on it. I did order the tail bag to put my lunch and etc. in when going to work and also to have a place to stuff any clothes I lose when the temps warm up as the day goes on. I have some nylon wind pants I wear over my jeans and wear a heavier glove when its chilly in the morning.

The salesman told me about the locking handlebars thing, he rides a 2006 Ulysses. Evidently he did it too.

I am 6' 1" and weigh 270 lbs with a 30-31" inseam so I guess I am about average though overweight:( I have peg lowerers and handlebar risers on the Concours. The Buell Long and the Concours sit about the same. So I feel real comfortable on the Buell. But no more downshifting in the corners :D

I don't remember how the leg room was on the Ulysses for sure (it was a year ago on a demo ride), but I think the Ulysses pegs felt lower (maybe the seat is higher). I think also the Long and the Ulysses have a 54" wheel base but I think they set different. Probably the best thing would be to find a dealer with both the Long and Ulysses and sit on both to see the differences.

Steve

BTW, the Sue part still wants to ride on the back of the Concours. She sat on the Buell and passed on a ride.

maybebuell
04-23-2007, 02:01 AM
thanks for feed back Steve..you will just have to take the buell out alone then ;)..if Sue does go ..let me know if that Harley Vibration real works :D