PDA

View Full Version : side stand

buellace
09-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone im a new member
I had my Ulysses for about a year and a half from new 2006 model,still turns me on,ride it every day to work,rain wind cold,not rode in the snow yet lol,just had a bit of a problem im not sure if anyone else had this one,the side stand sheard the bolts on the engine casing,making me look a complete plonker trying to catch it on the way down after putting 14ltrs of fuel in it the night before,tip! let it drop at least you will have your arms still left in there sockets after lol,great site by the way.just wish i had discovered buell before i wasted my money on Jap bikes before,not slagging jap bikes off but they all feel the same,and after a few months i wanted a different one,they could never keep me happy.

Lands End
09-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Hi, Buellace, I share your thoughts about the Jap bikes.[up]
Shame about your stand, I hope you get it sorted.;)

Thaloc
09-16-2008, 10:48 PM
They fixed that in the '07 models i think. New bolts or side stand. Id just go get the newer ones. Also if it hasnt been done either id pick up the new Clutch Cable clamp before your clutch line gets pressed up against your heads and melts.

LeFox
09-17-2008, 10:40 AM
hey buellace, welcome to the family http://users.telenet.be/mdr/fun/smiley/welcome.gif

firechickenXB9R
09-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Welcome welcome
live long, ride hard, and always were your gear.

briggs
10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I had the same thing happen to my '06 ulysses. It broke the clutch lever when it fell. I got the local dealer to repair the sidestand and replace the clutch lever.

Fock347
10-07-2008, 05:35 AM
same **** happend to mine too, but it was mostly my fault for turning the bike around on the sidestand.