PDA

View Full Version : '08 Ulysses fuel line..

CANXB12X
04-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi all,

I have read about the oil mist in the XB air box so I got that figured. Apon closer inspection I noticed that the black tabs on the top on the fuel line disconect are broken and missing, the bottom one is there but damaged. I gave it a tug and it moved back and forth but I can't get it off. There is nothing to squeeze in. Any ideas ?

Should I renew the fuel line,is it likely to leak ? I am concered about it leaking and possibly causing a fire.

Thanks

user_deleted
04-09-2012, 06:35 AM
Should I renew the fuel line,is it likely to leak ? I am concered about it leaking and possibly causing a fire.

YES! any fuel line or connection issue can be huge fire hazard, especially the connection at the injector body. don't risk it, IMO.

CANXB12X
04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks for that lunaticfringe,I'll order a new fuel line tomorrow.

I appreciate your input.

user_deleted
04-10-2012, 07:04 AM
my pleasure. there are several board members with alot more expertise on buells than i but a questionable fuel line that handles the type of line pressures that this line handles has to be in tip-top shape.

CANXB12X
04-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Update:

I have ordered a new fuel line from Harley in the US, there are none to be had in Canada !

However my Harley dealer suggested that the fuel line may "No longer available "

Any suggestions ?, I need the trottle body disconnect at the very least, anyone know where I can get the right disconnect to fit the spigot on the throttle body ?

Thanks.