PDA

View Full Version : backfire and then oil spewing out of dipstick tube and pressure in oil tank

starcbox
04-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I just purchaced a 06 buell blast all stock 1000 miles the thing bacfires I draied the gas cleaned carb checked plug and wire the boot looks perfect i cant fine even a hairline crack. when it starts it runs ok until the auto choke shuts off than its hard to keep running. If you play with the throtle u can keep it going but backfires through the carb. then i noticed that the oil was spewing out of the dipstick tube so i tried it again and when i loosend up the dipstick tube there was pressure in the tank very strange It hasnt been run much like 50 miles in the last year. Does anyone know what could be the problem? thanks for the help!

Cecilsan
04-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Not sure on the oil and spewing out. Did you crank on it a lot when you were trying to get it started? May that caused an issue (shrug)

On the running issue, I would check and made sure the jets aren't clogged. Might as well go ahead and clean out the entire carb as well. Check the diaphragm for pinching or pinholes.

Is the boot new or is it the orig? A lot of issues stem from that so even if it looks ok, might be worth it to pickup another (worst case, you have a backup) or purch Thumpe's Super Boot

pierce
04-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Replace boot, replace gas and run seafoam through it, change oil and filter, check for clogged vent tube, make sure front and rear grounds are tight and snug, check battery voltage, check fuses, and lastly check out the air fuel screw and see if it has been screwed out.

twobuells
04-11-2012, 07:46 AM
If you added oil before trying to start your bike it might be over filled. As long as it sat oil might have leaked past the check valve and into the crankcase and now that its running the oil pump is returning the oil to the tank so its spitting it out. The pilot jet is possibly whats wrong with your carb. It has a very small metering passage so it might be better to buy a new jet.

ezblast
04-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Concur:D