PDA

View Full Version : Headlight / fullbeam failure after dashobard removal

Desmond
04-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi,
today I changed my dashboard for my Ulysses XT (2009). Everything went well and easy. But after reassambling the lampmask, the headlight & fullbeam is not working anymore. Anything else (turn lights, parking light, horn, dashboard lightning, break lights, etc.) is working! I checked the fuse no. 5 according to my manual - but the 15 A fuse seems to be ok.

What could be the reason? I am desperate :(

Tnanks and regards

Desmond

CrazyTexan
04-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Did u also check the connections for the lights? Mby a wire came koose in the white clip connection. It's happened to me.

Desmond
04-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi,
I will check tomorrow. Thanks for the tipp.

Desmond
04-15-2012, 05:13 AM
Hi, I checked the plug and wires to the headlight. The bulbs are ok (I used a battery to make sure they are really ok). One more thing: when I disconnect the headlight plug/clip, the highbeam indicator comes up when I press the "Pass" switch. If I connect the headlight plug/clip, the highbeam indicator stays dark...

Any ideas?

THANK YOU!

sprinklerdude
04-15-2012, 09:52 AM
turn key on put on high beam and wiggle white connector mine used to do that. you may want to check continuity from connector to head lamp, and if ok check voltage from connector that and when you put those connectors together you should use dielectic grease it keeps the water out and makes good contacts

Desmond
04-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi,
I found the cause of the problem. It was one of the 4 relais located under the seat. I replaced two of these relais with others and it worked :) Sometimes these relais stick and then you need to shake them or replace them.

Thanks for your help !

scout1627
06-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Where do you get replacement relays? I have pretty much the same problem. Headlights just quit working. I have 12v right to the bulb sockets but when I insert the bulb the current just disappears. I take it out and there is 12v volt reading again. I'm not a complete idiot with 12v but I've never seen this before. WTF?
Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.
Jeff

Iamarchangel
06-24-2012, 04:08 AM
Besides an HD shop? They're less than $10, probably the cheapest item in there.

Anywhere else? They're common auto parts, still less than $10. I don't have the reference number handy. Someone will post it soon or you can take one out and take it to any auto supply store.

scout1627
06-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey, Thanks! I actually found that the relays were loose in their sockets. Bending the blades solved all the electrical issues and Buellah is back on the road. All the fuses were loose too.