PDA

View Full Version : Displaying "doICLr" number on the odometer

Chuckbuell2009
09-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I just drove towards the Dismal Swamp this morning towards North Carolina on Hwy 17 and riding about 60 to 65 mph. I stopped at the first rest stop and noticed when I parked my bike that it started displaying "doICLr" number on the odometer, and is still puzzled why its still saying that.

Is there anyone out there that can explain to me what the number means, and why its being displayed on there all of a sudden??

My motorcycle is new and so far it has 277miles on it, and its still in the process of breaking in. The motorcycle seems to be running perfect so I don't really know what the number is all about. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

-Chuck(new owner of Buell Blast 2009)

Stevenc150
09-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Here at work we use a lot of Digital Timer and SPM displays, I've seen them get some coolant/water on the circuit board and display some funky stuff like that before. But we usually just shut the machine off, dry everything off gently in the case, and start it back up. Have you sprayed or hosed your Buell down lately, drive through downpour, etc. Might have gotten some moisture under your seat...or wherever the electronics go for you're odometer. Hopefully that's all it is and it'll straighten up once it dries off real good; if there's no permanent damage.

Then again, it may be an actual trouble code or something, I dunno. You take it back to the dealership yet since it's still under warranty?

firechickenXB9R
09-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I would try GOOGLing it?:D

NOMORE4s4ME
09-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Maybe its a riddle... Do I see Lr? Hmm. The real questing is...who's Lr...

chadprepton
09-20-2008, 03:05 PM
If you have a 2009 just take it back to the dealer, should be covered under warranty.

ezblast
09-20-2008, 05:34 PM
have you tried the built in diagnostic in your speedometer? You can access them by:

1) While you ignition is off hold the reset button
2) Turn the key to the on position.

Now from each reset button push the speedometer will test the following:

d01 Speed sensor power output shorted low
d02 Speed sensor power output shorted high or open
d03 Not Used
d04 Not Used
d05 Speed sensor return shorted high
d06 Speed sensor return shorted low
d07 Not Used
d08 Speedometer power over voltage
d09 Speed output shorted high
d10 Speed output shorted low or open

The last number CAL14 is the calibration number.
To reset all codes while in diagnostic mode, hold the reset button in for 5 seconds.

Each test will read dXXSEt if there is a problem, or dXXCLr if there is not. (XX being the number of the list above) The

From what I can tell it will test if your speed sensor, speedometer, or wiring is the problem.

EZ

chadprepton
09-22-2008, 03:56 AM
EZ,

That's amazing info

XBear9S
09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
No ****!

Robtk! a.k.a. "Special K"

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death!"
---A Late Anonymous Bueller

Chuckbuell2009
09-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Thank you EZ. I will try that next time since your response seems more likely to be the problem. Lets see on that day I road the day was perfect, it was just very windy. It cant be water or condensation because the entire week was dry as a bone, and the problem started when I arrived at my destination, however when I start to move the bike from park, the weird numbers disappear. I will do the process that EX mentioned and hopefully that will fix the issue. I am not so bothered by it, I was just startled by it since its a new bike.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer my stupid question.
Thanks again EZ!!!