PDA

View Full Version : Buell parts guy

josh
04-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Seen some pictures you posted of the blast and i was wondering where i might get the front with the quad lights? I just got the bike recently, and have been searching online for it but i cant seem to find it. Also whats some of the other basic buell blast upgrades? ive already installed the vance and hines pipe system.

BuellPartsGuy
04-17-2007, 09:52 PM
I didnt post those pics, but they are just an aftermarket light set up for a enduro dirt bike. Parts Unlimited I know has them, as well as Dennis Kirk. Check those guys out, if you are still having problems finding it let me know.

ezblast
04-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Two of the lights are front lights and the two outer lights are signals - there is a Ebay store that carries the Demon fairing in the US - check there. Also its not for duel-sports - its a street fighter fairing copied off the Acerbis duel-sport but with differences - aka the signals, bulbs, mounting brackets = though I do use the Acerbis mounting brackets - rubber absorbs vibration better. Remember to expoxy all the screws - lol
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

josh
04-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Also what about the handle bar setup on the black bike

ezblast
04-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Those are Profi Telefix Clip-ons from Germany - 4 way adjustable - inc. height if you buy the spacers as I have - a reasonable price for a TOL item - here's a link to a US outfit that sells them - www.whaccessories.com/Handle%20Bar%20Telefix.htm]WH Cilp-ons
The signals are Kellemans brass barend type (ASB sells them - ASB) - very ultra durable - considering how many times the bike has been droped and they just keep working with no dents - lol - just touch up painted, and the mirrors are CRG 2" bar endclamped just before the signals onto the bars.
Hope that helps!
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

josh
04-18-2007, 11:07 PM
any advice on some basic hp gains?

ezblast
04-19-2007, 03:54 PM
K&N and airbox mods, Jardine with lower front stock mounting hardware - don't use theirs - jet 45/175 and air screw 3 turns out from light bottom. Thats the start. From there it can get more interesting, but for less than a grand you can almost double your power if your willing to do the work, and select the right parts.
GT - JBOTDS! EZ

josh
04-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Im out of luck with the stock brackets as of right now. When i purchase the bike it already had the vance and hines pipe on it, which makes it sound like a pissed off four wheeler. Curious does the jardine sound any differently? What air box mod are you speaking of?

josh
04-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Also what company are you getting the majority of your parts from? If i dont swap the exhuast im going to get the jet kit for the vance and hines.

josh
05-06-2007, 10:40 PM
I ended up ordering 31 inch drag bars, and bar end mirrors. Ill get pics up. Also removed the rear mud flap/ belt guard. Looking a little better. Fixin to order the header and jet kit, wheres the best place for buying these parts?

ezblast
05-08-2007, 04:37 AM
American Sport Bike, Dennis Kirk - skip the jet kit and buy the jets and extra float bowl screws - jeesh - with drag bars you may have troublewith the full lock positions - or not - depends on the bar and how you mount it - lol
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

josh
05-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Yea it has issues with full lock.. but looks much better. Only affects me turning around and what not.

ezblast
05-09-2007, 02:43 AM
LOL[cool][cool][cool]

josh
05-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Already pondering the idea of upgrading to a lightning..

ezblast
05-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Buy it! Bring it and your pink to SF and I'll race you to Alices - I'll even spot you the lead on take off - you barely have riding down and your already ready for a lightning - bring it I can use the parts and sell the motor.
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

josh
05-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Didnt say it was my 1st bike, ive got the riding down bro. Thinkn more the firebolt now anyways. Not really into the racing thing, i ride for fun. Just wanting sumthing a lil peppier yet stay american sport.

ezblast
05-11-2007, 04:27 AM
From my tests of both bikes - the Bolt is more intuitive, however, the Lightning is more comfortable if your more in city type of rider - I'm actually going for something in the middle of the two with the XBBlast I'm starting to build - lol - their insurance - the twins -is very pricey for something not ridden constantly - gas mialage isn't too bad - more complex though - the single simplicity is ideal to me and hopping it up has made it even more fun!
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

josh
05-12-2007, 04:11 PM
XBBlast, gona put a 1203 aboard? Insurance is crazy cheap on a blast.. i pay 97 a year for full coverage. Not really a town rider, i live in the hills and curves of kentucky.

ezblast
05-12-2007, 05:30 PM
LOL - I live in the Bay/Yay area - plenty of curves around here - actually putting a hopped up Blast motor in an XB platform. Just need wheels, axles, front fork and trees, front brakes, airbox cover, and seat sub-frame - lol - have everything else - all in good time - and I'll have the XBBlast!
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

ezblast
05-12-2007, 05:36 PM
A note for you - the XB platform is over 70lbs lighter than the Blast platform - get where I'm comming from yet? With better suspension and tires - a very fun ride indeed!
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

josh
05-13-2007, 07:15 PM
nice, do you have a 600cc kit on your blast now? or the 515cc?

ezblast
05-13-2007, 08:49 PM
The 515cc - set up similar to NHRS's LSR Blast motor wise, my next step come rebuild time will be a true 650cc 4.19" cyl ala the XBRR by Nallin - Terry P. just did an LSR with one and put out 80 hp and 70ft-lbs, I of course will take a more streetable approach and so achieve less, however, it should still put out numbers to surprise the XB crowd - lol
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

rbaur
06-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Does the pro series cam set help with power. I just bought my first blast, and I am looking for more power. What pipes would be best V&H, D&D, Kerker. Also if anyone has modes, let me know.

ezblast
06-06-2007, 04:11 AM
Jardine

No, but it helps with torque and power delivery - it is the cam the motor should have come with.
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

jeridwdshc
06-29-2007, 09:26 PM
i read about your air box mod but im seeing alot of guys with just a cone filter on their carbs...whats with that? is there a "kit" for this or all custom?

ezblast
06-30-2007, 06:54 PM
LOL - both a kit and homemade - either needs heavy bracing of the carb, or the boot will tear - I figure some day someone will ask me the magic question - what is the least expensive set up for more power - minus labor - and I'll answer in the Blast motor kit part of the forum:D;)
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

jeridwdshc
07-02-2007, 04:39 PM
i dont have a problem with making it homemade the only thing is i hear you MUST jet the carb whenever you do this mod, im guessing it's what you said the 45/175 or whatever. I had to do the cone mod for a mini chopper that i built so doing that wont be a problem. I noticed alot of you guys are using the foam boots as well...but when i used those filter's on small motors they would just choke it out...not enough air would move through the carb.

ezblast
07-03-2007, 04:05 AM
Rubber boot will crack unless properly braced - I use springs - a flat track trick - others use metal supports from the motor, others replace the boot with different hoses and different clamps as well - I like my stack and filter set up - now proven long term - lol
Enjoy!
GT - JBOTDS! EZ[cool]

jeridwdshc
07-03-2007, 11:13 PM
can you post a pic of your set-up on this site so i can reference?