PDA

View Full Version : Remapping the ECM

HOVERJOCKI
09-20-2008, 05:02 PM
I have read throughout this forum that you can reset/change the mapping in the ECM.
Don't know much about this stuff but i have an idea.
What i do understand is that you can really screw things up if not done correctly.
Does anyone have a list of different settings that have been tried for different scenerios, ie better fuel consumption/better power.... kinda like the different settings for suspension depending on the type of ride you want.
Just curious.

gbalias
09-21-2008, 01:43 AM
there are a couple things that should change from the day you bring the bike home. most people dont realize it because they have no reference of how a good tune feels.

generally its hard to just say, "Here is my mapping for my bike, it will help your bike run just as good" mainly because EVERY bike needs a different map(s). if you have 2 of the same bikes in the same place and did a datalog, then remapped the bike to run more optimal, the 2 bikes will end up with different settings.

your best bet is to either do the complete tune procedure on your own (which includes datalogging, analyzing, remapping, testing, then the whole process over a couple more times) to get the optimal settings for your application.

but as far as just downloading maps and swapping them, you can only find the Stock maps/EEPROM and the Race maps/EEPROM readily available online.

better fuel consumption and power are dependent on your right hand. (well, maybe not the power competely...) but for economy, you can only lean it out so much before it becomes unsafe to ride.

hope this helps.

-g