PDA

View Full Version : Buell Blast Not Running off Idle

wismanc
04-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Iv got a 2002 Buell Blast. I can start it and it will idle, ill pull back on the throtle and it will just stall. This problem comes and goes. I can take it out for a two hour ride and have no problems, then ill take it out on another ride and it will all of a sudden just spit and kill itself. I took the bike in they checked out the jetting and said it should be fine. I changed the coupler boot. Any other suggestions

pierce
04-26-2012, 06:13 AM
Disable all safeties. If that doesn't help post back and I will take it from there.

Get Dan's superboot even if you have a new boot.

MLURick
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
I am having a similar problem with my 2000 Blast. Never had any problems with it until last week, took it for a short ride and about 15 minutes into it, the engine lost power. It idled fine, but when I start to throttle up, it would die. Trailered it back to my house. Replaced spark plug and removed the fuel tank, drained, flushed it and refilled it just in case I got some bad gas. No difference.

So I figured the main carb jet may have some trash in it so I removed the carb and it had some small gunk in the bowl. I pulled it completely apart, cleaned it and put it back on. I went ahead and replaced the fuel line and thoroughly flushed the tank again.

Starts great and idles but still dies when I throttle up.